G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR Montes

3 posters

Go down

NASCAR Montes Empty NASCAR Montes

Post by 74maroonmonte Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:11 pm

I collected a whole bunch of pictures of 2nd gen. Montes on the NASCAR circuit in the old days. I finally uploaded them.

https://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/FreeBird87/NASCAR%20Montes/

Enjoy!

Hans
74maroonmonte
74maroonmonte
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

NASCAR Montes Empty Re: NASCAR Montes

Post by yogreasygramma Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Enjoy, indeed!! Hans, that's great!!!! Thanks for uploading those fabulous pictures of our beloved Montes in action. I'm only up to picture #30 but had to comment before I forgot what I wanted to say. I'm impressed and a bit surprised that the Monte was chosen to race, when it was way less aerodynamic than other offerings from Chevrolet and GM. Yet, there they are, racing head to head, fender to fender with other Montes and the best that the other makes had to offer. And these were very street-looking versions, as well, with full trim, windshields, chrome, bumpers, etc. It's easy for us to identify with those race cars, isn't it?! I also like the Richard Petty #43 Monte, then later Petty's Dodge Charger duking it out with a Monte. And how about those paint jobs? They have recreated different pinstripe schemes, and other color blocks to accentuate the Montes' fine lines. One even has a Landau roof painted on! Those cars are really mean looking, vicious and hard core!! Thanks again for sharing.
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

NASCAR Montes Empty Re: NASCAR Montes

Post by badbiscayne66 Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:01 pm

[b]Nice pics I dig the buick
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member