Greetings All

Go down

Greetings All

Post by burners on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:46 pm

I have a 1975 Chevelle station wagon that I will be doing a resto-mod rebuild on over the coming months and years. This is going to be my primary family vehicle since I will need 6 seats starting in September when my 4th child arrives. Iíve never been a minivan person and anything (wagon wise) in current production is too small or too slow or is driving the wrong wheels. This particular station wagon has a lot of family history. It has been in our family for all but one year of its life. I grew up riding in it, it moved us (hauling a large trailer) from Washington to Arizona, I learned to drive in it, I helped rebuild my first engine for it and the list goes on. Finally it is my turn to raise my kids with the help of this unwavering member of our family. This old wagon has a lot of wear and use showing after 400,000 miles so it really needs some rebuilding.

As for me, Iím an engineer involved in the automotive aftermarket. Iíve been a hot rodder for as long as Iíve been able to speak the words. Speed and horsepower could easily be my middle names. Iíll do my best to document the project as it proceeds but this is also a budget project so much of the work will be done by me. Iím more than willing to lend a technical hand when I can and I look forward to your help and input as well.

burners
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings All

Post by Cdub74 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Welcome Burners! Its good to see another person that feels so stongly about the automotive world. Can't wait to see the pictures to come!
Cdub74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:58 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I've been noticing wagons gaining popularity. Have you seen what Holley has done to theirs lately? Bitchin'

The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Welcome Burners. I am glad to see someone fixing up an old warhorse instead of putting it out of its misery in a crusher. JB
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Welcome to the forum buddy every nice wagon you have there

Management

Street Cred : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by burners on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Thank you all. I appreciate the welcome. Rago, that is the first update I've seen of the Holley project. Thanks! I was beginning to wonder if they were going ahead with it. I kept looking on PHR's website and on Holley's and never found anything.

burners
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Leike on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Hello Burners,
it's a beautiful story behind a very nice car, it is always interesting to hear about the history from a car.
Hope to see/read more about the resto !
Leike
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:46 pm

LIKE IT!!!! Thumbs up
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:29 pm

Welcome...and thanks for sharing your car's history. Can't imagine putting 400K miles on a car and it still looking as nice as yours. I, too, have noticed more and more station wagons at shows here in Minnesota. Will be eager to follow along as the project progresses.
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:25 pm

Welcome! That's a nice wagon! I knew these things were cool. It's a shame I need to thin out my herd or else I'd keep mine...
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:05 pm

Welcome. Nice ride.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 pm

welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thumbs up

my parents bought one just like yours in 77 brand new. in 83 it was my teach me how to drive car. GoFast
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:35 am

Welcome Burners gotta love those hot rod wagons. Always been a fan of them. My old boss has a nomad that i would donate an organ for.
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:30 pm

welcome! that looks like its going to be one cool sleeper!

i love those big american wagons, like chevy kingswood and such! too bad they were replaced by the boring minivans and crossovers

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum