Name is Donny

Go down

Name is Donny

Post by 73ss454 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:56 pm

Re: 454 4 speed chevelle
by 73ss454 Today at 12:50 am

.Limey wrote:
I was wondering when someone was gonna chime in on of these, I knew someone here Knew that one that is shown in the last Pic

So when are you gonna share your pics of your ride ??

I'm working on that as we speak. A few over at the other site know me (and the car) and I see they are on here as well. I guess we just can't hide, huh? I need to take a few good shots. I took several great shots of it last Fall at Hershey when I showed it up there at the AACA National Meet in October, but the camera was lost or stolen, so I have none of those shots. The car will be driven and shown at the National VCCA 50th Anniversary Meet and Chevrolet's 100 Anniversary in Flint this July. Anyone here attending? Let's see if this works......

Last edited by 73ss454 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
73ss454
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Name is Donny

Post by 73ss454 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:58 pm

A_Tame76 wrote:
extremely nice looking car. Would love to see some pics of the interior.

OK, Here we go:

Let's see if this works......

I'll shoot some soon and post them. It has the saddle interior. Oddly enough, if you look at the announcement day news paper advertisement showing the entire new 73 Chevrolet line-up, it depicts a white car with saddle intereior and gray stripes. The car was entirely untouched when purchased right down to the original hoses, belts, and tires. I did the heater core, hoses, belts, brake hydraulics, and bought another set of wheels and mounted a set of radials on it so I could drive that car. I have put about 2,500 miles on it the last 2 years. Great car. Drives like a brand new car. Not 1 squeak or rattle in the car. It has a lot of options, but no air or PW. The Canadian documents are 2 pages long. The car has Stereo tape, rear defogger, tilt, sport wheel, tach/gauges, swivels and console, deluxe seat belts, lighting group, 3:42 posi, M-21 Muncie (all 454 cars had the M-21), bumper strips, bumper guards, door edge guards, side moldings, plus more.

OK, Here we go:

And that elusive shifter ball that is so hard to find!

1973 454 MONTE wrote:OMG
- thats is one sweet chevelle.

uda man Beer

Thanks.... I'm humbled for sure. I missed this car many years ago when it originally sold and agonized over it. I did not miss it last time. I have a pretty fair amount of NOS stuff tucked away for it for future considerations, just in case. If anyone is attending Carlisle next week, let me know. I will be at "O"96-101 on the main field from Wednesday till Saturday. Stop by and say hello.

Donny
73ss454
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 74chick on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:10 am

That is a beautiful car.
Leg Hump
Tell me she gets time out to play in the yard.
74chick
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss454 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:21 am

74chick wrote:That is a beautiful car.
Leg Hump
Tell me she gets time out to play in the yard.

Drove it to a car club breakfast and then onto Thunderbolt Raceway in Millville NJ last weekend to watch the Pro Touring boys from all over the country race their cars on the Lightning Speedway. Put about 110 miles on it that day. Drove it to work 3 Fridays ago when Super Chevy Magazine was there doing a Plant Tour. Took Jim Campisano (editor) for a 10 mile ride. He was impressed. He was just flipped out that the car was original and not restored. He loves these cars. Drove it to Hershey, PA. and back in the fall, plus all week long. Put about 350 miles on it that week. It will be driven about 650 miles to Flint this summer and then back to NJ. So yea, it gets driven pretty regular when the weather is nice.
73ss454
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Leike on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:52 am

Very nice and very complete car, bounce i like the '73 the most because of the round rear lights !
Welcome Donny Smile
Leike
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:46 am

Welcome to the forum Donny. That is an extremely nice car you have there. Beer
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74chick on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:24 am

I'm glad it gets seen.
74chick
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:57 am

Very Nice ! Welcome
ant7377
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna454/4spd on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:07 am

i love it makes me bounce wow what a nice ride i think i will go out side and hug whats left of my old girl thats a keeper sure makes me miss my old girl
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:41 am

Welcome Donny! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43