G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trans cooler lines-'75 El Camino

2 posters

Go down

trans cooler lines-'75 El Camino Empty trans cooler lines-'75 El Camino

Post by pila Thu May 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Had lots of fun getting the new trans cooler lines installed. There's no front fenders or wheel wells on it yet, which helps. I had to remove the starter, the radiator, the condenser, fan shroud etc, to get room to fish the lines in along-side the engine. They did fit fairly good though, with a little tweaking and bending by hand. They were made for a Chevy engine of course, maybe a big block, since it's a TH400 trans. The Caddy engine mount is different, and I had to tweak that area of the lines. Of course I should have installed them before bolting the engine in, isn't hind-sight wonderful !! The lines came from Inline Tube, who have been great with help on the front stainless brake hoses. They are making them to the length I need. The stock hoses I bought locally were too short for some strange reason, so I opted for the stainless shielded type, since many folks claim that the brakes seem more responsive without the rubber types expanding under pressure. We'll see.........

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

trans cooler lines-'75 El Camino Empty Re: trans cooler lines-'75 El Camino

Post by JB2wheeler Thu May 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Thats one of those jobs that always takes more work/time than you think it will before you start. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down