G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insulation

+2
77mali
74Malibu383
6 posters

Go down

Insulation Empty Insulation

Post by 77mali Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:16 am

Here is a dumb question but maybe by some miracle....
Does anyone make the insulation for the front and back of the headliner, rear seat at floor pan and for the upper rear seat, back where it meets the divider for the trunk? Also looking for the small little ones for inside the upper seat belt covers? Mine all disintegrated ...Any suggestions are most appreciated.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Insulation Empty Re: Insulation

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:23 am

Dynamat ought to be just what you need, but I can not guarentee it because I have never used it. There are several types of it. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Thanks JB. I'll check it out.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:16 am

I bought rolls of this stuff for the floor, and pretty much behind anywhere I could get it. http://www.opgi.com/p/interior-soft-trim/6120/159/10001.html

For the headliner I used a foam dynamat stuff. I cut it into strips and put it between the bars, and the two big pieces on the front and back. Just dont cut it so close to the end of the ceiling. The headliner is closer there, and the insulation is thick enough to show through. I will see if I have any pics.

edit: there ya go.
Insulation 100_3379
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:22 am

Is this the other piece you are talking about?

Insulation 100_3507
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:51 am

Yes! Thanks! I saw the back seat insulation in your picture on S&S Classics website...there's also another type that goes between the bottom piece of the back seat and the floor pan that is sandwiched between the seat and the sound deadner. I'm sure the Dynamat will eliminate the need for that. Your roof looks good...that's a good idea! The other type was a small piece of insulation that looked the same as the stuff they used in conjunction with the firewall matt. There was a piece toward the front and another toward the back glass under the headliner....single faced w/plastic film on the bottom and was glued to the metal roof, pretty flimsy but must have served a purpose. 2 other smaller pieces also, inside the plastic trim pieces that cover where the seat belts attach to the roof at the sail panels by the opera windows. I think someone sells that in rolls and I've seen it once online but forgot to book-mark it.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:34 pm

I used the Dynamat Xtreme everywhere I could put it. It's heavy, but it sure does make it quiet inside. Helps a lot with heat too. If you decide to go with it, buy it at Amazon.com. Cheapest place I've found it.

Insulation P1000310

Insulation P1000311
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Looks great, stuff's expensive though, no?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cees klumper Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:47 am

Just checked on Amazon and Dynamat Extreme is offered there for $229 for 9 sheets 18" x 32" or 36 sq ft.
cees klumper
cees klumper
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:30 am

Had my credit card # stole 2 differant times on Amazon and now I am afraid to use them. One Amazon merchant spoils it all for everyone else and Amazon denies everything. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 am

mine once as well JB I REFUSE to buy from amazon they do not have a very secure server

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:22 pm

OPGI has a firewall insulation for the Monte's, I would bet they have it for the Chevelle too if it isnt the exact same in the first place.

I have a cardboard piece that went over the insulation behind the rear seat, its just not on in that picture. I cut pieces to go behind everything possible. Even the A pillars. My floor has not only a layer of insulation, but its also sprayed with a coating, and has the rubber insulation too.
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down