73-77 Monte body bushings

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by scottymonte76 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Hello, I am doing a frame off resto on my 76 Monte Carlo. I have had the frame blasted and powder coated and I am finishing the rolling chassis now.
The front end and body is at the painters and I would like to find new body bushings to mary the two together.
I have seen the ones OPG and the parts place have but 350.00 seams really high considering most of the other cars bushings go for half that.
Is there any other sources for these bushing?
Who is the manufacture of the ones they sell?

Any help would be great.

scottymonte76
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by JB2wheeler on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:04 am

You have to be careful on which ones you buy because a lot of them do not include everything you need and some do. JB
avatar
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by wokrdan AKA BU Balls on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:29 pm

I ran into the same problem. I upgraded to polyurethane and ended up paying about $110-120 by the time I was done.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-4115G/

These work nicely (but are installed a little different from the directions as the #1 and #2 spots are backwards to fit.) NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU GET THE SET THAT IS FOR CONVERTIBLE (You will need the extra 2 for the radiator support.) They also don't come with hardware, but if your bolts aren't twisted, you should be able to re-use them. If not, Lowes sells sleeves that fit the big 4 bushings perfectly, and you can find a 5/8"O.D. pipe and cut it to specification along with washers. The OEM sleeves will not fit in the polyurethane. I found this on their website and helps out for finding correct sizes to fit with polyurethane.
http://www.energysuspension.com/universal-products/link-flange-type-bushings-universal-mounts-isolators.html

Here's what I've got so far:
avatar
wokrdan AKA BU Balls
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by scottymonte76 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:21 pm

OPG has a sale right now 20% off of our bushings, not to bad of a deal now.

scottymonte76
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by ant7377 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:32 am

post some pictures of your project
avatar
ant7377
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by wokrdan AKA BU Balls on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:13 pm

I'll get some pics up tomorrow. The body is back on the frame and pretty much everything lined up like it should. (I bolted in the rear two bushings, but had to use some tow straps to align the front holes.) Luckily enough, the receiving ends in the body were still usable so they fit right in.
avatar
wokrdan AKA BU Balls
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by ant7377 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Nice when it comes together.
avatar
ant7377
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by Malicruiser on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 pm

wokrdan AKA BU Balls wrote:I ran into the same problem. I upgraded to polyurethane and ended up paying about $110-120 by the time I was done.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-4115G/

These work nicely (but are installed a little different from the directions as the #1 and #2 spots are backwards to fit.) NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU GET THE SET THAT IS FOR CONVERTIBLE (You will need the extra 2 for the radiator support.) They also don't come with hardware, but if your bolts aren't twisted, you should be able to re-use them. If not, Lowes sells sleeves that fit the big 4 bushings perfectly, and you can find a 5/8"O.D. pipe and cut it to specification along with washers. The OEM sleeves will not fit in the polyurethane. I found this on their website and helps out for finding correct sizes to fit with polyurethane.
http://www.energysuspension.com/universal-products/link-flange-type-bushings-universal-mounts-isolators.html

Here's what I've got so far:
Would these work on the Malibu as well? I really only need the core support bushing, but if they make a set that will work for the whole car then I'll just kill two birds with one stone.
avatar
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by wokrdan AKA BU Balls on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 pm

I used these on my '74 Malibu. If you still have the bushing inserts, they will work I found out. I'm pretty sure if you check on Summit or Jegs, they sell just the core support and I think it comes with new inserts and hardware. You might want to check on that though.
avatar
wokrdan AKA BU Balls
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by Malicruiser on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:17 pm

I've checked couldn't find just core support. My inserts are nothing more than dust right now.
avatar
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Malicruiser wrote:I've checked couldn't find just core support. My inserts are nothing more than dust right now.

montemania.com has just the rad-support bushings


http://montemania.com/genuinegmpartscentral_under_hood.htm
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by Malicruiser on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Malicruiser wrote:I've checked couldn't find just core support. My inserts are nothing more than dust right now.

montemania.com has just the rad-support bushings


http://montemania.com/genuinegmpartscentral_under_hood.htm
No offense but there stuff looks like it was pulled from a 35 year old car. Plus I'm looking to upgrade since the HP I'll be running will be no less than 450hp, and that's just to hold me over till I can build the real engine for my Chevelle.
avatar
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by ant7377 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:53 pm

I got them from "The Parts Place" in rubber they worked fine.
avatar
ant7377
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by Malicruiser on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 am

Well like I said I'm looking to upgrade as well because this car is destined to be driven HARD and I'm looking for the best performance and control I can have. Which really only leaves me with polyurethane. I'm just trying to find a set that fit my 74 Chevelle.
avatar
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:16 am

Malicruiser wrote:
1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Malicruiser wrote:I've checked couldn't find just core support. My inserts are nothing more than dust right now.

montemania.com has just the rad-support bushings


http://montemania.com/genuinegmpartscentral_under_hood.htm
No offense but there stuff looks like it was pulled from a 35 year old car. Plus I'm looking to upgrade since the HP I'll be running will be no less than 450hp, and that's just to hold me over till I can build the real engine for my Chevelle.

considering he has been selling NOS parts for almost 30 years, maybe the stuff he has could be 35 years old.........: affraid

he sells NOS little/big parts,and also used little big parts.....................................but whatever. Jacking


i dont know why horse power in a motor has anything to do with core support bushings. but dam,if they can give an engine more horses im gonna buy 2 sets and keep one set in the glove box.....
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by Malicruiser on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:29 am

I'll be honest I don't trust 35 year old rubber for anything, plus if I'm looking to reduce the flex between the body and frame with poly bushings then I'd be a complete retard to go with rubber core support bushings.

If I was planning on just drag racing and cruising this car then rubber would be fine, but I'm building a street legal back road/road course corner carver. And since I don't give a flip about ride quality when compared to performance and vehicular feedback I've decided on poly instead of rubber.
avatar
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by Malicruiser on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:32 am

Just need to know what Year and model to order a set that will adapt to the 74.
avatar
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by wokrdan AKA BU Balls on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:30 pm

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-4115G/?rtype=10
This set will fit. If you want it in red, they have it too, but just make sure it's the convertible set because the two extras are for the radiator support. The directions are correct for where the bushings go, but are different for the 74 as you won't flip the #1 position like the directions say. (You should see this when you put them in) As far as the hardware goes, you'll probably need new bolts. If your steel inserts aren't too bad, I would suggest cleaning them up with a wire wheel and reusing them, because finding new inserts are hard to find for the Malibu without having to buy a full bushing set for a Camaro or other car.
avatar
wokrdan AKA BU Balls
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by Malicruiser on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:35 pm

wokrdan AKA BU Balls wrote:http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-4115G/?rtype=10
This set will fit. If you want it in red, they have it too, but just make sure it's the convertible set because the two extras are for the radiator support. The directions are correct for where the bushings go, but are different for the 74 as you won't flip the #1 position like the directions say. (You should see this when you put them in) As far as the hardware goes, you'll probably need new bolts. If your steel inserts aren't too bad, I would suggest cleaning them up with a wire wheel and reusing them, because finding new inserts are hard to find for the Malibu without having to buy a full bushing set for a Camaro or other car.
Thanks, that's exactly the info I was needing. Very Happy
avatar
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by 77mali on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:17 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Malicruiser wrote:
1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Malicruiser wrote:I've checked couldn't find just core support. My inserts are nothing more than dust right now.

montemania.com has just the rad-support bushings


http://montemania.com/genuinegmpartscentral_under_hood.htm
No offense but there stuff looks like it was pulled from a 35 year old car. Plus I'm looking to upgrade since the HP I'll be running will be no less than 450hp, and that's just to hold me over till I can build the real engine for my Chevelle.

considering he has been selling NOS parts for almost 30 years, maybe the stuff he has could be 35 years old.........: affraid

he sells NOS little/big parts,and also used little big parts.....................................but whatever. Jacking


i dont know why horse power in a motor has anything to do with core support bushings. but dam,if they can give an engine more horses im gonna buy 2 sets and keep one set in the glove box.....

I've delt with the "monte man". His stuff is EXPENSIVE. Pila & now Ant have said they got their radiator core supports from the parts place & they work, plus they come w/ new hardware for $25.00....Montemania's were $75 (not sure if hardware was included either) Yes genuine GM but like's been said- could be "Real-old" New Old Stock. LOL. I'm going for the $25.00 set...LOL!
avatar
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:31 pm

wokrdan AKA BU Balls wrote:http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-4115G/?rtype=10
This set will fit. If you want it in red, they have it too, but just make sure it's the convertible set because the two extras are for the radiator support. The directions are correct for where the bushings go, but are different for the 74 as you won't flip the #1 position like the directions say. (You should see this when you put them in) As far as the hardware goes, you'll probably need new bolts. If your steel inserts aren't too bad, I would suggest cleaning them up with a wire wheel and reusing them, because finding new inserts are hard to find for the Malibu without having to buy a full bushing set for a Camaro or other car.

Energy Suspension 3-4115G - Energy Suspension Body Mount Bushings
Make CHEVROLET
Model CHEVELLE
Beginning Year 1968
Ending Year 1972
Doors 2-door
Drivetrain RWD
Application Notes Except convertible.


Make CHEVROLET
Model CHEVELLE
Submodel MALIBU
Beginning Year 1968
Ending Year 1972
Doors 2-door
Drivetrain RWD
Application Notes Except convertible.

scratch so still NO rad support bushings. scratch im just sayin Very Happy
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by thatfnthing on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:14 pm

77mali wrote:I've delt with the "monte man". His stuff is EXPENSIVE. Pila & now Ant have said they got their radiator core supports from the parts place & they work, plus they come w/ new hardware for $25.00....Montemania's were $75 (not sure if hardware was included either) Yes genuine GM but like's been said- could be "Real-old" New Old Stock. LOL. I'm going for the $25.00 set...LOL!

I've bought stuff from him, and he's a good source for stuff you can't find elsewhere. His prices are all across the board, though -- some stuff is very reasonably priced, while other stuff is, frankly, ridiculous. The biggest problem I've encountered is that if he doesn't like what you're doing, he'll be very resistant to selling you the part.

IMO, though, stuff that could be considered "consumable", like bushings, should always be bought new if at all possible.

Mark
avatar
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 52

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by ant7377 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Arent all these cars pretty much the same ? THere isnt any one special bushing through any of them so why cant one of these MFG's like energy suspension or whoever just put a kit together and put this to rest. Stuff like this is what annoys me in the resto market.
avatar
ant7377
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by Malicruiser on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:27 am

Well I just ordered my core support bushing kit from The Parts Place, along with a few other goodies. Now when I get my engine back in my truck I can sell it and use the money to finally finish my LS swap!


Last edited by Malicruiser on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by ant7377 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:01 am

They dont look the same when you get them but when you crank them down they are fine.
avatar
ant7377
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum