G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP

+5
pila
Mcarlo77
ant7377
Tom77
1973 454 MONTE
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP  Empty BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP

Post by laguna55 Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:18 pm

I AM WORKING ON MY 75 LAGUNA AND CANT GET THE SIGNALS TO WORK RIGHT NOW WHEN I TURN ON MY LEFT TURN SIGNAL IT WORKS IN FRONT BUT IN BACK BOTH SIDES R FLASHING .. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.. Smile
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP  Empty Re: BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP

Post by ant7377 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 am

Did you mess with the wiring harness back there ? It sounds like something is connected wrong.Do you have a wiring diagram? There is three wires going to each socket back there.The power goes to the left side first maybe something is touching around there that could trigger the right side light.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP  Empty Re: BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:03 pm

make sure you have all 1157 bulbs in the sockets. a 1156 bulb only has one pin and if put in to a 1157 socket will short it out.

if you need new bulbs put in 2357s they are brighter
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Any splices or tears in the line? Was it ever unconnected from the forward harness?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:02 pm

77mali wrote:Any splices or tears in the line? Was it ever unconnected from the forward harness?

NO JUST BEEN WORKING ON THE DASH PANEL
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:03 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:make sure you have all 1157 bulbs in the sockets. a 1156 bulb only has one pin and if put in to a 1157 socket will short it out.

if you need new bulbs put in 2357s they are brighter

OK WILL CK THAT AND PUT NEW ONES IN
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:05 pm

ant7377 wrote:Did you mess with the wiring harness back there ? It sounds like something is connected wrong.Do you have a wiring diagram? There is three wires going to each socket back there.The power goes to the left side first maybe something is touching around there that could trigger the right side light.

NO ITS ALL STOCK I WILL CK THAT OUT TO THANKS
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:23 pm

If you messin under the dash take a look at the fuse box make sure that big bolt (engine compartment side) is tight (dont break it) and the wires coming from there arent pinched or cut /shafed.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:34 am

Sounds like bad ground. Try grounding to bumper with jumper cables. At least that will tell you where to start.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:01 am

Ghost Rider wrote:Sounds like bad ground. Try grounding to bumper with jumper cables. At least that will tell you where to start.

There are a few grounds under there that go into the lower dash section and there is one in particular that is on the lower door pillar, drivers side that grounds the door wires for the dome lamp & also includes wires that go to the rear harness through the plastic channel along the rocker. Check there.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:42 pm

still havent got it fixed try to ground the batt. ,, looked under dash and all looks ok to me the right front signal is weak maybe it is on that side
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:35 am

Sometimes the bulbs are defective-especially today with china quality. Maybe replace them-cheap enough and see what happens,could be the wires in the sockets are corroded too.Just look closely at the harness both front and back I still think you have a broken wire someplace.Try using a test light and drag it along the wires and see if it lights up-with the lights on of course so you have power at the circuts.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm no electrical engineer, but seems to me that if the hazard lights, right turn signal lights, brake lights, driving lights all work as they should, the problem could be in the turn signal switch?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Bad grounds can make strange things happen sometimes. I've seen dash lights come on with the brakes ! weird..If a dual filiment lamp doesn't have a good ground on one side, it will sometimes back-feed to get a ground from the other side of the lamp, and will be half lit.
The grounds in GM cars, under the dash, are a trouble spot over the years. On the left side of the dash bottom, the bolt/screw that attaches the dash bottom to the door post, which is used as a ground sometimes, can get loose, making for crazy things to happen. Smile

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:I'm no electrical engineer, but seems to me that if the hazard lights, right turn signal lights, brake lights, driving lights all work as they should, the problem could be in the turn signal switch?

I HAVENT TOOK THE WHEEL OF YET TO CK THE SWITCH . WILL TRY THAT
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:26 pm

pila wrote:Bad grounds can make strange things happen sometimes. I've seen dash lights come on with the brakes ! weird..If a dual filiment lamp doesn't have a good ground on one side, it will sometimes back-feed to get a ground from the other side of the lamp, and will be half lit.
The grounds in GM cars, under the dash, are a trouble spot over the years. On the left side of the dash bottom, the bolt/screw that attaches the dash bottom to the door post, which is used as a ground sometimes, can get loose, making for crazy things to happen. Smile

WILL CK THAT TO , I HAVE PUT electrical GREASE IN ALL OF THEM ALSO ,,
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2fat2fly Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:I'm no electrical engineer, but seems to me that if the hazard lights, right turn signal lights, brake lights, driving lights all work as they should, the problem could be in the turn signal switch?
I have to agree with "Mcarlo77" if all else is in order !!!!!!!!!! and the bleed only comes when activating the switch, could it be ??
the hazard, brake and right tun lights all use the hi side filament
you just might try another flasher though, couldn't hurt
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:15 pm

i got it fixed it was the switch behind the steering wheel the last thing it cked. thanks for all the help i would have never ck it if it wasnt for you guys ,,, now to get my alt charging ,, i have a good alt. 3 wire post on back is to the + on battery then i have the #1 #2 plug on side of alt i think i have the #2 wire going to the back of alt that gos to the + of battery the #1 wire i dont know where to put it. and for a bonus i dont have a meter to ck it .. any ideas
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:31 am

Was it a loose wire in the switch? Here's how mine is connected @ alt, hope it helps.

BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP  P1010027
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:48 am

77mali wrote:Was it a loose wire in the switch? Here's how mine is connected @ alt, hope it helps.

BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP  P1010027

yes it was all loose and comeing off

the pic helps a little where dose the red wire go to that comes out the white plug ,, the brown one gos to the alt light in dash
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:50 pm

All three of the wires in the pic go into a junction in the main harness (T). I have not disconnected the harness so, I can't tell you where they end up, sorry. The plastic conduit splits in the rear of the engine and mine is a double junction w/ 2 of the T's. There are several Red wires that go to A/C, fusible link & heater stuff but eventually the harness goes all the way back to fuse junction box. It also leads in other directions for other systems (starter, battery lead, etc). Is yours the original harness? to the car?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:00 pm

laguna55 wrote:now to get my alt charging ,, i have a good alt. 3 wire post on back is to the + on battery then i have the #1 #2 plug on side of alt i think i have the #2 wire going to the back of alt that gos to the + of battery the #1 wire i dont know where to put it. and for a bonus i dont have a meter to ck it .. any ideas

The fat red wire going to the battery or starter connects to the post on the back of the alt -- this is the main power feed. For the connector, the brown wire goes to the gen/alt light in the dash, and the red wire goes to the ignition switch -- the alt uses this wire to sense system voltage so it knows how much juice to put out.

Mark
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:10 pm

LOL...

Sorry, thought the pic would be self explanatory but yes it is to the nut right next to it in the pic. (Thanks thatfnthing) Was over-thinking the question Embarassed
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:52 pm

77mali wrote:All three of the wires in the pic go into a junction in the main harness (T). I have not disconnected the harness so, I can't tell you where they end up, sorry. The plastic conduit splits in the rear of the engine and mine is a double junction w/ 2 of the T's. There are several Red wires that go to A/C, fusible link & heater stuff but eventually the harness goes all the way back to fuse junction box. It also leads in other directions for other systems (starter, battery lead, etc). Is yours the original harness? to the car?

yes it is the original one
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:55 pm

77mali wrote:LOL...

Sorry, thought the pic would be self explanatory but yes it is to the nut right next to it in the pic. (Thanks thatfnthing) Was over-thinking the question Embarassed

no you were right i need to know where it gos to the fire wall thats my prob.
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next