G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE

5 posters

Go down

HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE Empty HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE

Post by Limey SE Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:03 am

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Paint-Booth-in-Your-Garage

Last edited by THE MALIGOON on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE Empty Re: HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE

Post by Hydro King Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:37 am

Tell us how?
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE Empty Re: HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE

Post by Hydro King Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:15 pm

Thanks for the link.
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE Empty Paint booth

Post by lagunainnewark Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:07 pm

I modified some plans from the internet and used them to make a portable paint booth. I know it's not a G3 but I built the nova for my son, who's presently in IRAQ. I'm going to use it to paint my dually, next week end. I used 6 mill plastic, I'd recommend 4 mill, more light, The yellow was hard to stare at in bright light. You can cut the pipe lengths to build any size needed. I'll be upgrading to 2 intake filters and 4 exhaust fans for the truck. Roof support needs more attention. I can provide more details for interested persons. Good luck, Ron
HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE 053
HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE 054
HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE 055
HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE 056
HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE 059
HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE 061
lagunainnewark
lagunainnewark
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:56 pm

I Love Nova's! (except when they were Toyota Corollas).
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:16 pm

very nice boss what it run for supplys for that ??? looks very nice to paint in

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by lagunainnewark Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:18 pm

I may have to repair any make to pay the bills and support my bad habits. BUT, I don't own any imports, LMAO, Ron

Last edited by lagunainnewark on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
lagunainnewark
lagunainnewark
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lagunainnewark Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:26 pm

I'd say I probably have 350-400 in it total, Some times gettting smarter is expensive. Elbows and corners ar the higher cost parts. But I have 3 other people who have agreed to "rent" the booth, This will reduce the cost. I made it more adjustable than needed, I'll be painting a nove, dually, and my Laguna. As pictured it's 14x20. I'll be assembling it again soon, I can get a better count on parts. The last time I used it only my closest nieghbors knew what I was doing. Ron
lagunainnewark
lagunainnewark
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:57 pm

I wonder if one of the portable garages would be a batter investment for the POLES per say and then buy the plastic to cover that on the inside ???

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by lagunainnewark Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:36 pm

I haven't priced portable garages, But I have 3 vehicles of my own to paint. So the investment is spread over different vehicles. I've been looking at the possibility of using a dog kennel, 6' high chain link fence, for smaller jobs. I'll dig out the reciepts. Ron
lagunainnewark
lagunainnewark
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Sale: $159.99 10 ft. x 20 ft. Portable Car Canopy

HOW TO CREATE A PAINT BOOTH IN YOUR GARAGE Image_10419

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by lagunainnewark Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:33 pm

I've managed to borrow a "portable garage" like your pic, I'm painting my dually over the next 2 weekends. It's real tight on the bed, for a smaller, narrower vehicle. rain and weather wise, I like it. Let you know, Ron
lagunainnewark
lagunainnewark
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lagunainnewark Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:07 pm

The canopy is to short for a full size car or truck and definetly not wide enough. I need at least 2 feet on each side. Maybe with modifications, but it's not big enough as purchased. Ron
lagunainnewark
lagunainnewark
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:40 pm

The plastic enclosures should work OK. Don't forget wet the floor before spraying, to keep dust down.
I've painted a bunch of airplanes & cars. I always attach a ground wire to the body, and find a place to ground the wire, to prevent static electro from attracting dust to the body.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down