G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired of looking at the 73 sitting

+6
77mali
mailman8120
1973 454 MONTE
ant7377
orange Juiced
pila
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tired of looking at the 73 sitting - Page 2 Empty Re: Tired of looking at the 73 sitting

Post by Jedediah Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:09 am

I noticed Rockauto.com had floor pans for 89 a piece which is the cheapest I have seen. I am going to be doing those next I just got done with my trunk. Nice to have one instead of a hole. Good luck keep at it.
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Tired of looking at the 73 sitting - Page 2 Empty Re: Tired of looking at the 73 sitting

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 am

You guys have my utmost respect in reconstructing these rusted-out cars! Wish I had some welding skills...would have maybe held onto the '76 Laguna. Hang in there!

If anyone is interested, I have a new pair of aftermarket qtr panels that came with the '76 Laguna. They aren't the full ones that include the qtr windows. Have them stashed in the son-in-law's garage and don't remember seeing a manufacturer's name on the boxes. I can check further if necessary. Make me an offer...
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 2fat2fly Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:49 pm

mailman8120 wrote:Tired of looking at the 73 sitting - Page 2 Tag_an10Tired of looking at the 73 sitting - Page 2 Core_s10Well, still slowly tearing down everything. Located a donor package tray on the forum. Just now noticed the rust in core support and some on firewall. Starting to wonder if the cost of all this rust repair is worth it. On a limited budget, and still need to get patch panels for trunk, floor pans, and a right quarter....
You know you could save all the good parts from this car, then pickup a Ca. car with very minimal metal repair and use that time and $ to put towards the Ca. car
You can find these cars in ca. from projects to drivers at low affordable prices. Unless your just wanting to save this one I'd look for a good donor to accomplish your ride and save all that intense labor and $$$$$, (just my 2 cents worth)

I've seen several cars on these sites and can appreciate all the extensive labor and money, just remember their only worth so much believe me I know, good luck with your ride ! happy bowtie happy bowtie happy bowtie
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 pm

I've got a solid core support if you still need one, I'm in Dallas.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2