G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hood louvers

+6
77mali
Joe73
Biomedtech
sick73chevelle
Landonus
BicknellWelding
10 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

hood louvers - Page 2 Empty Re: hood louvers

Post by 77mali Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:21 pm

sick73chevelle wrote:Does art fiberglass only make parts for oldsmobiles? I don't see any links for other models. They make some nice looking pieces. Prices are not that bad but shipping would probably double the price to Ohio. I have been looking for a cowl hood or ramair style for 73 Chevelle for a while. VFN seems to be the best source so far.

Go to their homepage & click Chevy- they only have the cowl style hoods but also have one w/ air pan I think.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:22 pm

[quote="sick73chevelle"]I frequent Mentor for work occasionally. I drive a truck. Nice town. Nice looking ride you have there. Do you go to all the cruisins out east? I need to get out there this summer. I think that I have seen all the westside cars.[quote] I go to Annabells diner all the time since its less than a mile from my house. My wife was from Brunswick, so I have been to the cruise there a few times (when it was at Kmart plaza) The city of painsville has (had?) A cruise in the town square on friday nights. Another big one is solon commons on Tuesdays.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:52 pm

http://www.artfiberglass.com/auto/autofiberglass.html
home page

Artfiberglass
Sweet Home, Oregon 97386
USA: Phone 1-541-359-4708

mail@artfiberglass.com
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Landonus wrote:I don't think they will. Looks like from where the fender meets the hood across to where the hood dips is too long and flat. Would be something good to cut up and use to fab my own but a little too spendy. Nice find nonetheless, I knew nothing about these guys. It would look better if the intake holes matched the same skew as the grill though.

IDK....Can someone w/ a 76/77 and or 73-75 Cutty measure the length down the middle & width? It looks darn close...just the Olds header panel might stick out more. I think it might deserve a phone call...they're like 1/2 the price of "Tamraz" or OPG, etc...
hood louvers - Page 2 77-old10
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:24 pm

The shape of the sheet metal is different. The part over the headlights is rounder (on a chevelle) with a deeper "valley " you would probably have to use the header panel from the cutlass (at the very least)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Yeah, it would be too good to be true.

That's not to say you couldn't get them to make just the scoops & an air box for custom fab @ home LOL. I'm sure they have the capabilities but who knows what they'd charge. Lots of "scoops- only" options also in their site, pretty cool company.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:35 pm

I always liked l88 hoods myself but i don't think anyone makes g3 l88 hoods anymore.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:40 pm

Hmmm VFN fiberglass and ArtFiberglass are using the same pics, wonder who makes what or if one or the other is a reseller?
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:51 pm

I'd say whichever is more expensive is buying from the other. Were is VFN?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:53 pm

dynchel wrote:I always liked l88 hoods myself but i don't think anyone makes g3 l88 hoods anymore.

Here U go dude...I've always liked those too.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/corvette-l-88-fiberglass-hood-scoops/p2010328.jcwx
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Before I bought my fiberglass L88 hood. I had the fiberglass scoop alone on my stock hood. I glassed it in and cut the round center out of my stock hood so the air cleaner can stick through. Full glass is great. When I'm driving mine at night I can see the back of the passenger headlight glowing under the hood.

I've been to the Englishtown swap meet and saw 442 fiberglass scoops for sale from a fiberglass dealer. It was the long scoops like the 70-72 442 would have. It was the scoops alone that could be added to a stock hood.

I also found this link. Prices dont seem to be too bad. http://www.bodykits.com/Oldsmobile/442/Body-Kits-Conversions/Hood-Scoops/

Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:27 pm

1973montec wrote:Chris was gonna put the 70-72 buick gs scoops on his hood.had a donor hood and all.
Dont remember why he didnt do it tho. scratch

got divorced. Thumbs up i took sheet metal Beer Very Happy , she Blow Up threw away scoop grills,air cleaner and NOS seals. Head Bang

i think it would of been cool as h3ll
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:48 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
1973montec wrote:Chris was gonna put the 70-72 buick gs scoops on his hood.had a donor hood and all.
Dont remember why he didnt do it tho. scratch

got divorced. Thumbs up i took sheet metal Beer Very Happy , she Blow Up threw away scoop grills,air cleaner and NOS seals. Head Bang

i think it would of been cool as h3ll
The ones I just got are a different style, 1967 gran sport 400. They are more of a bolt on. But they will (i hope) look oe and keep people guessing. Idea when the weather breaks we'll have to try to hit qs&l, or annabells. Twisted Evil
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:31 pm

i will probably hit annies and qsl this year being im closer to them this year.depends if the monte comes apart as planned. im thinking repaint and refresh.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 am

Landonus wrote:Cant wait to see what you do with them. Do you plan on making them functional? I plan on fabbing up a custom and hopefully functional ram air hood for my 77'.
I finally got around to assembling my parts, what I have are 1967 buick gran sport hood scoops, and a 1973 elCamino hood. what do you guys think?
https://2img.net/h/i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o674/dynchel/photobucket-41690-1361812277961_zpsaecc7d4e.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o674/dynchel/photobucket-42438-1361812143169_zps10154f71.jpg
I am still debating weather or not to install hood pins. I kind of like them but I don't know if I will regret the decesion.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:17 pm

hood looks to big.Laughing

hood louvers - Page 2 Hood110
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 pm

The scoops will be in the middle of the racing stripes.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Don't listen to Chris... Laughing
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 pm

I like it. I wish the scoops were a little bigger, but all and all i'm happy with how it looks.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:15 am

Well I finally got my hood test fitted.  It was from a '73 elCamino, and I added '67 Buick gran sport 400 hood scoops for a little style.  hood louvers - Page 2 <a href=hood louvers - Page 2 Img_2018" />when painted the scoops will be right in the middle of the white racing stripes.hood louvers - Page 2 <a href=hood louvers - Page 2 Img_2019" />
hood louvers - Page 2 <a href=hood louvers - Page 2 Img_2020" />
Here is my refurbished hinges (degrease and paint) with some chrome powder coated springs.  they look more like polished aluminum than chrome but that's fine with me.Very Happy
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am

Looks good!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:16 pm

nice
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:43 pm

Thank you. I wanted a legit old school look and the buick scoops were what I happened to find. Anyone know where to find the inserts? I plan to paint them, but there is suppost to be a sticker insert that goes on it.(for the original Buick application).
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:59 am

i found this pic the other day of a 67 GS.
hood louvers - Page 2 14719510
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 am

dynchel wrote:Thank you.  I wanted a legit old school look and the buick scoops were what I happened to find.  Anyone know where to find the inserts?  I plan to paint them, but there is suppost to be a sticker insert that goes on it.(for the original Buick application).
the buick looks to be missing the inserts that mine are.  I will probably just go to a printing shop since mine are custom, and don't have to look a specific way.jocolor
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next