G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Door striker bolt bushings

3 posters

Go down

Door striker bolt bushings Empty Door striker bolt bushings

Post by WyldeBill66 Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:18 am

I've had problems with my doors rattling over every bump since I got my 75 Chevelle in September. I thought I had to readjust the doors and replace the striker bolts. The other day someone here commented about bushings that went over the bolts. I don't recall ever seeing a car with them, but he said he just split them and slid them over the bolt. I went to the local auto parts store, found what I was looking for and installed one on each door.

I can now say both doors shut with a nice thud and no rattle going down the road. If I remember who mentioned these, or that person wants to speak up, I'd like to say thank you very much. It was quite annoying and now I have a much quieter ride.

Bill

WyldeBill66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Door striker bolt bushings Empty Re: Door striker bolt bushings

Post by Wallyuph Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:33 am

I have replaced them also on My 73. I acutely did a whole new striker and the plastic bushing split 3 weeks later form the doorman part. I saw these on eBay and bought the box of 25 for $10.20 shipped. Put them on the original striker bolts and never had a problem since. The new 74 ride I picked up has missing sleeves also.
Nothing worse than that rattling door.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:41 am

FWIW, the nylon bushings in the miscellaneous hardware (screws, bolts, etc) section at Lowe's or Home Depot work nicely also.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down