G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TA performance rear girdle

4 posters

Go down

TA performance rear girdle Empty TA performance rear girdle

Post by Joe73 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Just picked up a used TA performance rear cover girdle for 80 bucks for my SS. I was planning on using my Mr.Gasket black finned rear cover but I think the girdle looks better and could possibly give it extra strength to the bearing caps. Funny, I've been saving the Mr. Gasket finned cover since the 80's. I won it in a drag race.

Anyone notice the thickness of the bolt flange on these girdle covers? Its at least and inch thick. Glad I havent bought the bolts for it yet because its going to need much longer than stock ones.

Anyone running a girdle cover? Can wait to get the cover in the blast cabinet and hit it with some clear.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

TA performance rear girdle Empty Re: TA performance rear girdle

Post by carcass Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:03 pm

I have a Moser girdle cover on my 12bolt in my 71 Nova, I'd be willing to bet TA makes them for Moser and Moser rebrands them. but its a heck of a nice cover, with the drain and fill plug too thats nice. The bolt down flange is nice and thick and it came with allen head bolts with washers, I wonder if the thick flange actually strengthens the center section,

I tested the girdle screws before I put a gasket and bolted it down with all twelve bolts, I put playdoh on the main caps and then ran the screws down snug just to see if they landed square on the main caps, which they did. Because the main caps have a not so flat shape I thought the screw might come down on it weird but it was perfect. The drain and fill plug alone are worth the conversion IMHO.[img]TA performance rear girdle Nov_1611[/img]
carcass
carcass
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:16 pm

The moser looks different (same design though) than the TA. My TA doesnt have countersunk bolt holes and the TA locking nuts for the studs are not recessed like the Moser.

Same idea though and would work the same.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeBill66 Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:33 pm

I'd love to get one of those. I need to get a limited slip first though.

WyldeBill66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:24 pm

I have one on my 12bolt and plan to put one on my 8.625" on my ZR2 eventually cause I know ill be abusing it with the v8. They are freaking thick but I think the strength is only dependant on the bolts that hold it together.

TA performance rear girdle SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down