G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

final frame question

3 posters

Go down

final frame question Empty final frame question

Post by alleyball4 Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:44 am

Sorry to keep bombarding the forum with additional frame questions, but I don't want to make a purchasing mistake, if I can avoid it. (I've already made a few)

I think I understand a few things on the frames of these cars, thanks to everyone's help:

1. The 73-77 elcamino/station wagon is a longer frame, and boxed in the rear, to make it different from the 73-77 2 door coupe.

2. The 73 Chevelle frame is different from the 74-77 Chevelle frame. The bumper mounts, and a few other things are different on the 73, but modifications can to be done, to make it work.

My question then is:

Is the 74-77 Chevelle frame, the same as the 74-77 Olds Cutlass, and Monte Carlo, or, are they are also different?
alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

final frame question Empty Re: final frame question

Post by Joe73 Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:15 am

I believe the 74-77 are all the same as to body style. All 2 doors (112" WB) are the same regardless of make. Same with 4 door (116" WB) with the el camino and wagon AND MONTE/GRAN PRIX. Its a wheelsbase thing. 112" for the 2 door and 116" for everything else. Again monte and GP with the 116" 4 door frame.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:53 am

alleyball4 wrote:.

My question then is:

Is the 74-77 Chevelle frame, the same as the 74-77 Olds Cutlass, and Monte Carlo, or, are they are also different?

I know the Cutlass, Chevelle the same But I believe the Monte Carlo - Gran Prix is different yet at 116" please correct me if I am wrong been awhile since I measure a Monte Frame LOL
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyball4 Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:09 pm

thanks Joe and Limey
alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member