G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOW!!! I didn't even know Pontiac made a Grand Am in the 70's

+6
badbiscayne66
IndyG3
Blonde Angel
' HARRY '
corvette_jeff
lincoln_guy1991
10 posters

Go down

WOW!!! I didn't even know Pontiac made a Grand Am in the 70's Empty WOW!!! I didn't even know Pontiac made a Grand Am in the 70's

Post by lincoln_guy1991 Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:54 pm

It looks great! I'd second that nomination. It reminds me of some of the other special edition, Front clips of the 70's.
lincoln_guy1991
lincoln_guy1991
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

WOW!!! I didn't even know Pontiac made a Grand Am in the 70's Empty Re: WOW!!! I didn't even know Pontiac made a Grand Am in the 70's

Post by IndyG3 Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:17 pm

I'm personally partial to the Can Am's from the 70's. They're definitely cool in a retro kinda way, and they got the 455 Cool
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

WOW!!! I didn't even know Pontiac made a Grand Am in the 70's Empty Re: WOW!!! I didn't even know Pontiac made a Grand Am in the 70's

Post by corvette_jeff Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:53 am

My dad used to have an 80's grand am, he used to tell me about taking it to the drag strip and running it Very Happy
corvette_jeff
corvette_jeff
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:42 am

WOW!!! I didn't even know Pontiac made a Grand Am in the 70's Wink2WOW!!! I didn't even know Pontiac made a Grand Am in the 70's Thumbup Sweet!
' HARRY '
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Sat May 02, 2009 11:45 pm

I honestly don't like the hood. And I have to agree with Indy, it does have a retro look to it, but i just don't dig the style of the hood
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Mon May 04, 2009 7:32 pm

YES! This car of the week is Cool !
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon May 04, 2009 8:05 pm

thought you would finally like the car of week brother

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Mon May 04, 2009 8:24 pm

I always loved those can-am s
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon May 04, 2009 8:40 pm

i have also if i didnt have the laguna that was my first choice but alli have found are way outta price range so must adore from a distance

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

WOW!!! I didn't even know Pontiac made a Grand Am in the 70's Empty Very Cool

Post by autorecycler Tue May 19, 2009 8:18 pm

All of the different GM cars were cool during this time!
Had a guy call me today about a Buick GS?
Found a 73 Laguna with a sun roof on CL today. They like it much more than i do, asking price is 12K http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/1173386075.html Shocked
autorecycler
autorecycler
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:57 pm

autorecycler wrote:All of the different GM cars were cool during this time!

*nods*

Indeed they were. I was just born in the wrong decade!

Heh ... the topic title reminded me of an encounter I had at a Ch#$r%*et dealership back in late 1996. I was talking to a salesman and he noticed my car. At the time, the daily was my '79 Monte Carlo Landau. He asked me what it was, and when I told him, his words were, and I do quote: "Wait, what? You mean the Monte Carlo was made before 1995? NO way! I thought this was a BRAND NEW model last year!"

AYE! After he looked at my car a bit, he left to go prep a car for a customer coming in to pick it up that evening. Me ... I just turned around shaking my head. Hmph ... the Monte Carlo HE knew of ... is just a Lumina, anyway.

*rolls eyes*

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Maybe it's best you leave me alone" ... All-American Rejects ... 'It Ends Tonight'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:31 am

some people think that 78-up are second gen and between 73-77 there where no montes, chevelles/malibus, ect. cause parts catalogs always left out our years. when i had my old 75 monte argued for an hour with a kid and wound up going home getting my car to prove that they are real
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down