another new memmber from Texas

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: another new memmber from Texas

Post by corvette_jeff on Sun May 03, 2009 3:59 pm

' HARRY ' wrote:
badbiscayne66 wrote:spending weekend in TX .....wish i spoke spanish....... Very Happy

Donde estas this weekend, badbiscayne? Not fluent, but I can muddle through well enough to get you something to eat, something to drink, something to (ooops, better not say that Embarassed ) or start a knock down drag out with everyone in the cantina.

Very Happy Just kidding! Enjoy your weekend in Texas and keep your feet dry. We had nearly 6 inches of rain here in 2 hours time a few days ago and a real frog strangler early this morning as well. I gotta wade out back through the mud in a few minutes and take care of Oskar. He's our outside Rotti, the rest of our dogs are inside now. But I can't bring Oskar in because he'd likely kill all our cats.

Best regards,

Harry

that was one heck of a rainstorm last night!!! thunder was so loud it woke me up, and i sleep like a brick! we dont have that much mud here, but the mud we do have its pretty mucky!
corvette_jeff
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' on Sun May 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Very Happy Jeff, we'd be OK on the mud here except that we have a lot of live oaks and shade where grass won't grow along with hound dogs who love to dig up what little grass there is. Even Oskar the Rotti loves to dig. He won't go inside the dog house I made for him...... Prefers to dig himself a lair under an old car or next to the house. Guess he's a JYD and that's just the way of it. He showed up on our front porch a few weeks after the last hurricane. About the time we got running water and electric around here again. We fed him and nursed him back to health and after we got the 40 ft. willow tree that partially uprooted and was laying over on our roof cut down and got the blown down fences back up, I made him a spot in the side yard so I don't have to worry about him laying there on the porch or under the sago palms out front and eating anyone who comes into our front yard. He's really a good guy. But only around us unless I introduce him to someone and let him know they're OK. Course, they can't be afraid. Dogs can smell fear and dogs like Oskar will attack anyone they pick up bad vibes from. So I have to be mindful of that.

Best regards,

Harry
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' on Sun May 03, 2009 5:53 pm

badbiscayne66 wrote:taco, burrito, enchalada, fajita ,thats about it for me but flyin j is the same everywhere

Very Happy We really need to introduce you to fine Mexican cuisine and of course, Tex-Mex as well next time you're down our way, badbiscayne. Once you have the real thing, you'll never settle for anything less. I miss the years I spent in California whilst in the service because there were so many different styles of food from different areas of Mexico available there. Was also fortunate to make port several times in Acapulco and Mazatlan. It was much different there from the border towns I was more accustomed to.

Thing was, even back in the '70s the Federales only controlled the larger towns around the baja. Once you were up in the hills above Acapulco, the banditos ran the show. They were set up kinda like warlords and each held onto their own turf by force. I disregarded the warnings and rode a bus out of town with the locals. There were folks holding chickens on the bus and we were stopped by a dozen or so guys with automatic weapons up in the hills. I just pulled my hat down over my eyes and pretended to be asleep when they sent a guy onto the bus to look things over. No one ratted me out as a gringo, so the bus took off again and we soon reached the village. I spent the day there and caught another bus back to Acapulco before nightfall. They didn't run after sundown.

Best regards,

Harry
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lincoln_guy1991 on Sun May 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Welcome to g3gm HARRY! Gotta love members from texas!
lincoln_guy1991
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' on Sun May 03, 2009 6:18 pm

Well, I wasn't born here, but I got to Texas as quick as I could (18 months old). Very Happy

Last edited by ' HARRY ' on Sun May 03, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 on Sun May 03, 2009 6:42 pm

3 WEEKS AGO I WAS IN SNOW.... TODAY 101 DEGREES .....DAMN ITS HOT HERE IN BROWNSVILLE
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by corvette_jeff on Sun May 03, 2009 7:13 pm

101 is nothing, last summer it was over 120 here,although im not to worried aobut the temperature, its the humidity that'll get you if your not carefull.
corvette_jeff
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corvette_jeff on Sun May 03, 2009 7:18 pm

' HARRY ' wrote:Very Happy Jeff, we'd be OK on the mud here except that we have a lot of live oaks and shade where grass won't grow along with hound dogs who love to dig up what little grass there is. Even Oskar the Rotti loves to dig. He won't go inside the dog house I made for him...... Prefers to dig himself a lair under an old car or next to the house. Guess he's a JYD and that's just the way of it. He showed up on our front porch a few weeks after the last hurricane. About the time we got running water and electric around here again. We fed him and nursed him back to health and after we got the 40 ft. willow tree that partially uprooted and was laying over on our roof cut down and got the blown down fences back up, I made him a spot in the side yard so I don't have to worry about him laying there on the porch or under the sago palms out front and eating anyone who comes into our front yard. He's really a good guy. But only around us unless I introduce him to someone and let him know they're OK. Course, they can't be afraid. Dogs can smell fear and dogs like Oskar will attack anyone they pick up bad vibes from. So I have to be mindful of that.

Best regards,

Harry

I know what you mean, when we were growing up a full blood pit walked up in our yard whil'st me and my sister were outside(we were both under ten) he just sat down next to us and started playing with us Smile when we got our next full blood pit(a female) they had some pups, and no one would come into our yard Very Happy I dont care what anybody has to say about pitbulls, iv'e grown up with them my entire life, those were the nicest dogs we ever owned Wink
corvette_jeff
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' on Sun May 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Wink Yep, that's Texas for you, Jeff. Hot as a pistol in the summer and cold enough in winter for what my friends 'down under' call a 'three dog night'.

Best regards,

Harry
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' on Sun May 03, 2009 7:41 pm

badbiscayne66 wrote:3 WEEKS AGO I WAS IN SNOW.... TODAY 101 DEGREES .....DAMN ITS HOT HERE IN BROWNSVILLE

Well, you'll sure enough have your choice of great Mexican and Tex-Mex food down there on the border, badbiscayne. But do be careful of the swine flu. Bad business, that. Not the sort of vacation memories you'd want to bring back home with you. Shocked

Best regards,

Harry
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 on Sun May 03, 2009 8:28 pm

THANKS !! NOT REALLY A VACATION JUST DRIVIN A TRUCK!!! SEE THE USA FOR FREE PLUS GET PAID Razz
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by lincoln_guy1991 on Mon May 04, 2009 4:48 am

Me Either .....lol
lincoln_guy1991
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King on Mon May 04, 2009 10:52 am

San Antonio is the best part of Texas.

Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by lincoln_guy1991 on Mon May 04, 2009 12:23 pm

San Antonio isa cool place I went there once when I was 5 or 6. All I remember was the alamo and the river walk..... but it was so cool!
lincoln_guy1991
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by lincoln_guy1991 on Mon May 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Hydro King wrote:San Antonio is the best part of Texas.

San Antonio is a cool place. I went there once when I was 5 or 6. All I remember about it is The Alamo, and The River Walk. must have been a great memory I guess.
lincoln_guy1991
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by corvette_jeff on Mon May 04, 2009 12:33 pm

Hydro King wrote:San Antonio is the best part of Texas......

You might not wanna say that anywhere else but in San Antonio, tht place is nice and all, but the people there are rude! I've been numerous times and they're always rude, you want a nice atmosphere and nicer people, go to Fort Worth, Traffic is a little out of the ordinary,But that is the best place to go in Texas, either there or Granbury Very Happy
corvette_jeff
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 on Tue May 19, 2009 1:18 am

corvette_jeff wrote:now i gotta go find cort to talk to him about the route 66 trip afro

*peers up, sheepishly*

I'm right here!

Ya know, Jeff ... I read your PM to me ... BEFORE I read this thread. I'm sorry I didn't realize this is YOU from Texas. Good night shirt tail. Well, I TOLD you I can't keep everyone straight. I know way too many people and am on way too many forums ... but, ya know what, I wouldn't have it any other way. Sure, I don't get to visit each forum regularly anymore, but at least I stay in touch, more or less...and I still enjoy the road trips to meet people Wink.

*sighs*

And ... of course ... WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Looking at me now you might not know it" ... Emerson Drive ... 'Moments'
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2