G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Exhaust Is the best for my car?

+6
Bruisr
Biomedtech
Dead Man
pila
ant7377
McCauley5983
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which Exhaust Is the best for my car? Empty Which Exhaust Is the best for my car?

Post by thepossumface Thu May 16, 2013 4:12 pm

I wanna keep the old school hot rod sound but also wanna keep performance, I love it loud but open headers may have to go if I get a ticket soon haha.
What do you guys recomend? It will have a well built motor in a year or 2, and wanna make it known Im comming down the road without the raspy glass pack crap. Any sound clips of yalls?
thepossumface
thepossumface
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Which Exhaust Is the best for my car? Empty Re: Which Exhaust Is the best for my car?

Post by Limey SE Thu May 16, 2013 4:23 pm

That exhaust on mine is long tube headers then into cutout's into 2.5 Pypes Xpipe kit then Cherry bomb Turbos sound better than any Flowmaster I have heard in awhile
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Which Exhaust Is the best for my car? Empty Re: Which Exhaust Is the best for my car?

Post by thepossumface Thu May 16, 2013 4:26 pm

ive had them turbo's before and they dont sound so bad but i had them on a stock bronco,
do you happen to have a video or something how they sound?
I also found a set call Raptor turbo's from flowtech about the same as cherry turbo's i assume any thoughts?
thepossumface
thepossumface
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Thu May 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Pypes violators
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 16, 2013 4:58 pm

thepossumface wrote:ive had them turbo's before and they dont sound so bad but i had them on a stock bronco,
do you happen to have a video or something how they sound?
I also found a set call Raptor turbo's from flowtech about the same as cherry turbo's i assume any thoughts?

Raptors turbos are about 30 to 40 MORE each these are 29 bucks new eachyou can them towards the end of the video

[youtube][/youtube]
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu May 16, 2013 11:21 pm

Ive had Flowmaster 2 chambers on my car since 1996 they still sound good.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu May 16, 2013 11:59 pm

I personally don't like a loud car, and there is a Sheriff's sub-station about 400 yards from my house Very Happy
Anyway, it's a matter of taste on how loud you want your exhaust note to be.

In that same vein, this evening I ordered two Borla mufflers for my Elco project, and last week I bought an H-pipe kit. It's all stainless steel stuff, since I only want to do the once ! Very Happy

I actually like the sound of NEW glass packs, but not this time around...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Fri May 17, 2013 12:29 am

Which Exhaust Is the best for my car? 2012-030

Longtubes to electric cutouts 2.5" back to dual flowmaster clones and full tailpipes.

Nice and quiet until I wanna get rowdy and hit the switch for the dumps.
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri May 17, 2013 12:39 am

Lookin' good !! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by thepossumface Fri May 17, 2013 1:57 am

ant7377 wrote:Ive had Flowmaster 2 chambers on my car since 1996 they still sound good.
is that the 40 sires?
thepossumface
thepossumface
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Man Fri May 17, 2013 10:41 am

im leaning toward spin tech or flo pro v power for mine
Dead Man
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri May 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Biomedtech wrote:Which Exhaust Is the best for my car? 2012-030

Longtubes to electric cutouts 2.5" back to dual flowmaster clones and full tailpipes.

Nice and quiet until I wanna get rowdy and hit the switch for the dumps.

Man, that is exactly what I want. Where did you get the cutouts?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Fri May 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Summit racing sells a complete kit which includes the dumps, the electric cutouts, the wiring harness/switch, and the gaskets for $339.75

Which Exhaust Is the best for my car? Cmb-0510
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cmb-05-0021/overview/
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri May 17, 2013 8:43 pm

I cheated and just ran manual cut outs LOL saved me over 300 smakers LOL Look on CL in your area they sell the non elec versions cheap there Mine were 30 bucks for the pair
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Sat May 18, 2013 7:28 am

I run 2 chamber flowmasters in 2.5 and 3 in. versions on 2 of my cars, I will forever and always run flowmasters and nothing else. I love the distinctive sound flowmasters have. I run the 2.5 in. on my 350 and 3 in. on my 454. I will be purchasing some new flowmasters, 2.5 in. 1 chamber, 6 1/2 inches long, to install behind freshly rebuilt 454.
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Sat May 18, 2013 7:34 am

Limey SE wrote:I cheated and just ran manual cut outs LOL saved me over 300 smakers LOL Look on CL in your area they sell the non elec versions cheap there Mine were 30 bucks for the pair

Are these the twist off wing nut type?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Sat May 18, 2013 7:41 am

They make that style, and I used to run those, until I bought electric cutouts. They seal very well and even come with a tool to remove the wing nuts.
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat May 18, 2013 11:46 am

driveit wrote:
Limey SE wrote:I cheated and just ran manual cut outs LOL saved me over 300 smakers LOL Look on CL in your area they sell the non elec versions cheap there Mine were 30 bucks for the pair

Are these the twist off wing nut type?

Yes Sir I have a pic when I get home I will load a pic of it
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Sat May 18, 2013 1:04 pm

OK thanks.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat May 18, 2013 3:59 pm

driveit wrote:OK thanks.

I had a friend weld the ends on ONLY where the black is, Is where the cutout is from new, And the Only difference between the now and these shots the Mufflers are about 4" shorter they are Cherry Bomb turbos at 13" body compared to Thrush turbos at 17" body.

Which Exhaust Is the best for my car? D8b2bd03

Which Exhaust Is the best for my car? 3a03a89a
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by thepossumface Sat May 18, 2013 10:33 pm

how do you guys feel about cherry bombs/glass packs?
thepossumface
thepossumface
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat May 18, 2013 10:35 pm

thepossumface wrote:how do you guys feel about cherry bombs/glass packs?

I have them on my Tahoe They are VERY DRONE at speed can Barely here anything in the Truck at speed even the radio (they were on there when we got it) First chance I have to take them off I WILL
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by thepossumface Sat May 18, 2013 10:39 pm

ah okay Im thinking of something temp for the time being as there like 10 bucks over here and as much as i love my open headers, i had a cop follow me today so i was sippin gas going 5mph down the road till he went away hahah
thepossumface
thepossumface
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Thrush mufflers are 22 at Auto places
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by thepossumface Sat May 18, 2013 10:49 pm

but would they fit for my side pipes though? thats why i didnt get the flowmasters cause the shop said it would be a hard fit and for 400 bucks i didnt like them that much
thepossumface
thepossumface
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next