G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tremec TKO 500/600 overdrive auto and other aftermarket crossmembers.

+6
carcass
BicknellWelding
Limey SE
dynchel
77mali
thatfnthing
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tremec TKO 500/600 overdrive auto and other aftermarket crossmembers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tremec TKO 500/600 overdrive auto and other aftermarket crossmembers.

Post by switchbiker Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:23 pm

at some point I will be installing a tremec 6 spd manual in my 73 laguna chevelle, I had just assumed I would need to make my own crossmember and this thread confirms it! lazy lazy aftermarket. Thats what we get for not wanting one of those cookie cutter cars, instead of a bolt on kit we get flat metal stock and a hammer in our custom bolt on kit and no directions.
switchbiker
switchbiker
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Tremec TKO 500/600 overdrive auto and other aftermarket crossmembers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tremec TKO 500/600 overdrive auto and other aftermarket crossmembers.

Post by brownbomber77 Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Hey, for the record, Keisler filed for bankruptcy. The TKO needs a hole cut to fit in the trans tunnel. Seriously, though...it's a set of pedals, a trans with the right input shaft, a bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing, and driveshaft. Biggest expense is the trans, obviously, at $2200, closer to 3 if you want the shifter in the right place. That mid shift is like $400...

brownbomber77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2