G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

propane conversion kits

3 posters

Go down

propane conversion kits Empty propane conversion kits

Post by Bruisr Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:06 pm

Has anyone ever looked at propane conversions kits for their car?  For sh*ts and giggles I looked at some websites on this.  Looks relatively simple, a little pricey up front, but would pay for itself very quickly. At 2.30 a gallon it seems like a good idea. 1 site claims 10 percent less fuel economy, but you still retain the use of gasoline if needed. A 10 percent decrease in economy at half the price of gasoline sounds like an even compromise!  I was filling a propane bottle for the BBQ, 4.8 gallons cost 10.37!  A good kit capable of 420 horsepower costs about 800.00, and can be installed at home by most of us.  The propane tank seems to be the tricky part, bulky and pricey, but again, cheaper and safer than gasoline. Most offroaders or rockclimbers use eiher an 8 or 10 gallon forklift tank. Talk about engine cleanliness, less oil changes,
longer spark plug life, 3 times the life span!  No electronics whatsoever, not even a fuel pump!
http://www.gotpropane.com/p565.html
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

propane conversion kits Empty Re: propane conversion kits

Post by dynchel Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:42 pm

That is a interesting idea. I never knew such a conversion was available.
It would definatly be something different at the cruise night.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:56 pm

dynchel wrote:That is a interesting idea.  I never knew such a conversion was available.  
It would definatly be something different at the cruise night........... Especially if you were hauling around a 200 gallon tank on a trailer! JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:56 pm

The kit looks a little to be desired appearance wise, but definitely different. Unfortunately tank are rather large but can be hidden in the trunk or under the bed. Too each is own I guess.
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down