G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt

+2
driveit
zodiacblue442
6 posters

Go down

The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt Empty The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt

Post by zodiacblue442 Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 pm

A friend of mine on the 73-77 Olds board posted pics of a Spanky Jr. 1977 Olds Cutlass S in a TX junkyard.  The car is a mess.  I did some researching on the Internet, and this car was used in a car pyramid stunt a couple weeks ago at Texas Motor Speedway.  The idea was to jump the Cutlass into a stack of cars, hit the car painted red, and land on top of another car painted red, wheels down.  I guess he hit the red car in the stack too high, and flipped the Cutlass and landed upside down.  At the end of this post are some links to videos and still shots of the Cutlass's final moments.  Blow Up  The car is actually pretty rare and it looked to be super straight and basically rust free.  Those front and rear bumpers (especially the rear) are worth a small fortune.  The rears rusted out bad!  I'm all for cool stunts, but it's really sad to see a nice rare collector car like this get intentionally destroyed.

I guess this is how the MOPAR guys feel about the Dukes of Hazzard TV series, destroying hundreds of 68 and 69 Chargers, even though those cars weren't real high dollar cars when the series was originally filmed.

Looking at sites for Spanky Spangler and Spanky Spangler Jr., it looks like they have killed lots of nice GM iron over the years.  Sad

Here are some links.  Search "Spanky Jr Texas Motor Speedway" if you want to see more.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2338335/Spanky-Spangler-Jr-drives-car-pyramid-Texas-Motor-Speedway.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

http://siphotos.tumblr.com/post/53311057767/famed-stunt-driver-spanky-spangler-jr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl8gOVqiivY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VGiZQ8Kmgo

The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt <a href=
The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt Photo1" />

The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt <a href=The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt Photo16" />

The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt <a href=The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt Photo13" />

The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt <a href=The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt Photo2" />

The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt <a href=The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt Photo15" />

The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt <a href=The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt Photo6" />
zodiacblue442
zodiacblue442
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt Empty Re: The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt

Post by driveit Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Ouch!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt Empty Re: The End of a Nice G3 - Texas Motor Speedway Car Stunt

Post by dynchel Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:46 pm

That's worse than the video I posted a few days ago.  At least the video I had was old and it was a 4 door '77 Malibu classic. They need to start using Chrysler 300's or magnums for these stunts.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:46 pm

Freakin jackass had to go ruin that nice clean car someone took care of all these years. Use a Crown Vic or Town Car or a Pick up . Not a 40 yr old car in nice shape. D*&k Head.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:36 pm

looks like its at a Pull-a-Part.

i bet they paid big money for it,just to wreck it. id be sick if that was my car.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleddogg Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 am

Hope someone uses that front inlet Quadrajet for a project.
Sleddogg
Sleddogg
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down