My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:43 am

77mali wrote:I have the screw holes in my doors for that nice pull strap but my stupid Chevelle didn't have them...Got any extra's Chris (black ones)?
im really not sure,but did any chevelles have the pull straps?

all the montes did.

but yes i should have extras.

PM me your addy
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by 77mali on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:54 am

I don't think Chevelles did, maybe Lagunas? Thanks Chris- pm on the way.
avatar
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by magic marouke on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:53 am

Front bench seat is now in . Didn't wanna risk damaging the car so got a neighbor to help lift it in the car . I put those washers under the bolts i mentioned earlier to raise the seat about an inch . bad idea ! , my knees touch the steering wheel . I guess there was more new foam put in the seats at the upholstery shop than I thought . So now it's at normal height and is much better .

avatar
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by 77mali on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:48 am

Lookin' good. When are we gonna see the burnout video? Laughing 
avatar
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by magic marouke on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:33 pm

77mali wrote:Lookin' good.  When are we gonna see the burnout video? Laughing 
Yea right !
avatar
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by magic marouke on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Drove it to work which is the first time since the paint job . Had to get the cracked windshield replaced and he doesn't come to the house . Was awesome seeing that freaking long tan hood way up there in front . Old windshield out and new one in was $90 . Also pain him an extra $20 to put the dash cap on as I couldn't get it on with the old windshield in , it's a really tight fit and seeing as I left the car with him while i was at work I couldn't do it . Dash cap wasn't a perfect fit by any means but way better than the sorry looking messed up dash I have .
avatar
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:43 pm

rumor has it,those dash caps SuCk.

that monte of yours looks amazing.
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by magic marouke on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:59 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:rumor has it,those dash caps SuCk.

that monte of yours looks amazing.
Yep I agree but what else is there . I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars or a thousand I read a while ago for a real dash . Like I've said mines going to be driven all the time so doesn't have to be show quality . I just didn't wanna stare at that raggedy old faded cracked dash .
Thanks for the compliments . A few niggling things aside I'm happy with the result so far . I'm driving it now but still will be doing touch up stuff . Want to paint the trunk and inner fenders soon and would love to find a set of rally wheels .
avatar
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by texan01 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:25 pm

magic marouke wrote:Drove it to work which is the first time since the  paint job . Had to get the cracked windshield replaced and he doesn't come to the house . Was awesome seeing that freaking long tan hood way up there in front  . Old windshield out and new one in was $90 . Also pain him an extra $20 to put the dash cap on as I couldn't get it on with the old windshield in , it's a really tight fit and seeing as I left the car with him while i was at work I couldn't do it . Dash cap wasn't a perfect fit by any means but way better than the sorry looking messed up dash I have .
Whoa! where in OK did you get the windshield? Cheapest I've found around DFW is about $300, but then again I haven't looked that hard yet.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by Limey SE on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:35 pm

magic marouke wrote:
1973 454 MONTE wrote:rumor has it,those dash caps SuCk.

that monte of yours looks amazing.
Yep I agree but what else is there . I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars or a thousand I read a while ago for a real dash  . Like I've said mines going to be driven all the time so doesn't have to be show quality . I just didn't wanna stare at that raggedy old faded cracked dash .
Thanks for the compliments . A few niggling things aside I'm happy with the result so far . I'm driving it now but still will be doing touch up stuff . Want to paint the trunk and inner fenders soon and would love to find a set of rally wheels .  
I had a set for sale NO ONE budged the Post so swapped them to a buddy for my Cragars I have now
avatar
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 90

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by magic marouke on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:53 pm

texan01 wrote:
magic marouke wrote:Drove it to work which is the first time since the  paint job . Had to get the cracked windshield replaced and he doesn't come to the house . Was awesome seeing that freaking long tan hood way up there in front  . Old windshield out and new one in was $90 . Also pain him an extra $20 to put the dash cap on as I couldn't get it on with the old windshield in , it's a really tight fit and seeing as I left the car with him while i was at work I couldn't do it . Dash cap wasn't a perfect fit by any means but way better than the sorry looking messed up dash I have .
Whoa! where in OK did you get the windshield? Cheapest I've found around DFW is about $300, but then again I haven't looked that hard yet.
Hey hey back the truck up ! I said to remove the old and out new in was $90 . The actual screen cost me $92 new . The previous owner opened the hood that had a broken hinge and stuck it in to the windshield . I thought $92 was pretty good though
avatar
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by magic marouke on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:55 pm

 [/quote]I had a set for sale NO ONE budged the Post so swapped them to a buddy for my Cragars I have now [/quote]

Bugger !!! Oh well I'll keep looking
avatar
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by 77mali on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:25 am

magic marouke wrote:
1973 454 MONTE wrote:rumor has it,those dash caps SuCk.

that monte of yours looks amazing.
Yep I agree but what else is there . I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars or a thousand I read a while ago for a real dash  . Like I've said mines going to be driven all the time so doesn't have to be show quality . I just didn't wanna stare at that raggedy old faded cracked dash .
Thanks for the compliments . A few niggling things aside I'm happy with the result so far . I'm driving it now but still will be doing touch up stuff . Want to paint the trunk and inner fenders soon and would love to find a set of rally wheels .  
Those caps do SuCk...drive up to Ohio- Chris has like 1,000 dashes (lol) but he won't ship them.
avatar
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by dynchel on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:04 am

The ironic thing is Chris is local to me, but I don't need a dash.  I guess that's a good thing.Beer
avatar
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by magic marouke on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Getting the AC checked and charged up .

avatar
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by magic marouke on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Got the AC flushed , checked and charged up and now my blower fan motor quit .
avatar
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by Wallyuph on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:08 pm

it never really ends
avatar
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by magic marouke on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Wallyuph wrote:it never really ends

Haha I couldn't have put it better myself . Theres always something
avatar
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by magic marouke on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:41 am

Okay the car is about 95% complete body wise . Hubcaps are on so here are some pics of what it looks like . What do y'all think ?












avatar
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by JB2wheeler on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Looks great, Good buy on that car. Now, if it just had WW tires it would be perfect. JB
avatar
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by 1973montec on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 pm

looks good:D 

but needs that filler behind the rear bumper put back on.

oh,and maybe some rallies.Cool 
avatar
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by 77mali on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Thumbs up Beer 
avatar
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by driveit on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Beautiful car! Looks like 1977 to me. Of course I never got to see 77. lol...
avatar
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by thatfnthing on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Looks fantastic, and quickest makeover ever! That said, it really does cry out for some new wheels... Smile
avatar
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by driveit on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:50 pm

I agree. Hoping to get a new set myself.
avatar
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Re: My 77 Monte Carlo daily driver

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum