American cars in the 70's

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by thatfnthing on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:59 am

Say what you will, but others were doing things at the time that made those cars look like absolute gems:

50 worst cars of all time

I encourage you to read the entire list -- it's highly entertaining!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by magic marouke on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:11 am

Haha that second one reminded me of this awesome movie

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 E6514F82-DB41-44ED-935B-912FC6A32732-2344-0000020AEB5D2F08_zps74c0e992


Last edited by magic marouke on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:23 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot pic)
magic marouke
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by bigredlaguna on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:20 am

I have a relative that has a convertible K-car. He only keeps it because it was the first year that convertibles were re-introduced to the American market.

I guess that makes it valuable.

He also uses it to tote prom queens and such in the local parades.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by magic marouke on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:22 am

Oooops I was responding to mali's post at the end of page 1
magic marouke
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by 77mali on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:56 am

thatfnthing wrote:Say what you will, but others were doing things at the time that made those cars look like absolute gems:

50 worst cars of all time

I encourage you to read the entire list -- it's highly entertaining!
I like the fact that no G3 was in that article...LOL

I remember the Yugo....good Lord those things were terrible. I'm surprised the GEO Metro didn't make the list, another total POS.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by thatfnthing on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:59 am

77mali wrote:I like the fact that no G3 was in that article...LOL

I remember the Yugo....good Lord those things were terrible.  I'm surprised the GEO Metro didn't make the list, another total POS.
True, true. The list could use a few additions in my opinion, but I suppose they had to stop at 50. One of the things I liked, though, was that nobody got spared -- even Ferrari and BMW.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by 77mali on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:50 pm

thatfnthing wrote:
77mali wrote:I like the fact that no G3 was in that article...LOL

I remember the Yugo....good Lord those things were terrible.  I'm surprised the GEO Metro didn't make the list, another total POS.
True, true.  The list could use a few additions in my opinion, but I suppose they had to stop at 50.  One of the things I liked, though, was that nobody got spared -- even Ferrari and BMW.
Yes & Porsche, Mercedes & Lamborghini too. I guess no one is exempt from making a Turd car.
Laughing 
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by 77mali on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:00 am

magic marouke wrote:Haha that second one reminded me of this awesome movie

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 E6514F82-DB41-44ED-935B-912FC6A32732-2344-0000020AEB5D2F08_zps74c0e992
What flick is that? I missed that post.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by dynchel on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:04 am

Planes trains and automobiles from 1986 (I believe). Steve Martin & john candy together.  Very funny.Like a Star @ heaven
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by thatfnthing on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:45 am

I happen to know there were 3 of those cars -- the film crew were staying at the hotel I was working at at the time, and they had 3 of those on a trailer they would haul out to their location and back every day.  One day the third one came back completely torched, but the other two left intact when they finally departed.  If someone wants them, they might still be out there... Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by dragons_lair59 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:43 am

They would have to give them to me and deliver in order for me to take them

___________________________________________
Sam

If life was fair I would have 150 G3's
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Managment
Managment

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by magic marouke on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:59 am

dynchel wrote:Planes trains and automobiles from 1986 (I believe). Steve Martin & john candy together.  Very funny.Like a Star @ heaven
yep one of my all time favorites . love when they get picked up at the train or bus station by those rednecks in the pick up .
magic marouke
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by magic marouke on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:59 am

dragons_lair59 wrote:They would have to give them to me and deliver in order for me to take them

........with at least $100 in the glove box
magic marouke
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by dynchel on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:07 pm

magic marouke wrote:
dynchel wrote:Planes trains and automobiles from 1986 (I believe). Steve Martin & john candy together.  Very funny.Like a Star @ heaven
yep one of my all time favorites . love when they get picked up at the train or bus station by those rednecks in the pick up .  
.....where's your other hand?  Between two pillows.  those aren't pillows!!! lol! 
The lady at the rental car place is funny also.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by magic marouke on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:10 pm

dynchel wrote:
magic marouke wrote:
dynchel wrote:Planes trains and automobiles from 1986 (I believe). Steve Martin & john candy together.  Very funny.Like a Star @ heaven
yep one of my all time favorites . love when they get picked up at the train or bus station by those rednecks in the pick up .  
.....where's your other hand?  Between two pillows.  those aren't pillows!!! lol! 
The lady at the rental car place is funny also.

hahaha ! yea thats the other one , classic ! theres so many awesome scenes Laughing 

yea that lady was the headmasters secretary in ferris buellers day off , another good movie
magic marouke
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by ant7377 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:21 pm

What about Doobies taxiola!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

American cars in the 70's  - Page 2 Empty Re: American cars in the 70's

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum