G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notice any license plate ... oddities?

5 posters

Go down

Notice any license plate ... oddities? Empty Notice any license plate ... oddities?

Post by knightfan26917 Tue May 19, 2009 2:28 am

We've seen witty/interesting license plates, such as these in IL:

BMW AT 40, Pontiac Grand Am
TUTH D K, Honda Civic coupe

...BUT ... have you noticed any plate ... ODDITIES?

One morning on the way to work, I happened to glance in my rear-view mirror ... and thought I saw the word "S E X" on a license plate. As I waited to turn left off Route 58 onto Barrington Rd, the vehicle went past ... and I looked at the rear license plate ... and noticed that it was a generic IL plate that had "X35" as the first 3 characters. Wonder how THAT got past the IL sensors...?!!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"And the simple truth so very much clearer" ... Everything ... 'Hooch'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Notice any license plate ... oddities? Empty Re: Notice any license plate ... oddities?

Post by The Dude Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:27 pm

Just saw one recently...

BJS MOM: Toyota Camry driven by a guy

Now I'm sure it was meant to read that the owner of the car was BJs mother, but with a guy driving, my first thought was something more clever. Might as well read LUVMILF. Laughing
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Notice any license plate ... oddities? Empty Re: Notice any license plate ... oddities?

Post by ' HARRY ' Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Very Happy In 1971, I went to the courtesy booth at the local grocery store to get my new license plates here in Texas. That was before you just got a sticker. Back then, the prisoners were kept busy stamping out license plates and we got new plates each year. One year they would be black with white letters, the following year white with black letters and so on.

So I got in the long line and when I got up to the counter, the ladies had several stacks of plates against the wall (stacked about 5 ft. high). I gave the lady my $10 or $12 bucks (can't remember, cut me a huss, its been a while) and she reached over to one of the stacks and grabbed a set of plates at random and after doing her paperwork, she handed them to me. After I got home, I looked at them and they said BAD 327!

That was cool because my car was a black '55 Chevy business coupe and I'd just swapped in a 300 HP 327 short block along with ported 461 fuelie heads, a '151' cam and an aluminum high rise intake and carb off a 302 Trans Am Camaro (Yes, Chevy made a very limited number of Trans Am Camaros in those days...... The intake was the same as the Z-28, but the carb was an 800 Holley instead of a 780).

Anyway, I thought my new license plates were righteous. I wasn't running a front bumper. I had welded a piece of 2" pipe between the front frame horns as a frame stiffener because I had bolted on a seriously thick front anti-sway bar off a big block A-body car. The front edge of the pipe was about even with the front splash pan. So I welded a couple of 1/4" bolts to the pipe (threads out) and bolted on my new front license plate.

Happy Motoring,

Harry
' HARRY '
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:41 am

Rago,

I'd be willing to bet a LOT of people thought of different scenarios for what that plate meant ... lol!

And, Harry ... that's good stuff. Dad is from PA ... and has a ton of his old license plates ... all different every year, just like cars used to be.....

*sighs*

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"So many people have come and gone; their faces fade as the years go by" ... Boston ... 'More Than A Feeling'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:45 pm

Notice any license plate ... oddities? Plate_10

saw this on a caddi at a car show on fathers day.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:14 pm

saw this at a clinic that i was delivering at.

Notice any license plate ... oddities? Image0132
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down