G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delivery!

+5
JB2wheeler
driveit
pila
74Malibu383
thatfnthing
9 posters

Go down

Delivery! Empty Delivery!

Post by Hawk03 Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:03 pm

A semi stopped by my parents house last night and left a nice little something. I'm headed back to work on the car this weekend!

Delivery! Mms_pi11

Delivery! Mms95p10

Delivery! Mms95p11

What all came.
Delivery! 809-1010

I will post up some pics after the weekend of it hopefully sitting in the frame.

Last edited by Hawk03 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Delivery! Empty Re: Delivery!

Post by driveit Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:27 pm

It is like Christmas opening boxes with parts. I love it!

Merry Christmas!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:54 pm

You gave Santa some milk and cookies beer, right?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:12 pm

I won't get there until 11pm but I won't be able to wait till morning to open it. Santa will be drinking watching me do all the work and laughing when something goes wrong.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:11 pm

I sure do love the smell of a fresh engine crate!
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Nice. Did you end up getting the 290hp motor? Very Happy 

Have fun with assembly ( I know I did...or maybe I didn't that much) LOL
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:46 pm

A crate engine is the way to go, compared to parts & machining costs these days.....
Have fun !Very Happy 

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:55 am

I wasn't able to install the motor but I did finish the front suspension. I'm hoping my dad will switch all the stuff from the old motor to the new one and install the motor before Thanksgiving.

I got the 260hp engine, the money I didn't spend on it will allow me to buy more accessories Smile I've read where this engine isn't the best and its kind of a dog but I'm not expecting to run 10s or anything. It will do the job and get the car running and look nice.

Delivery! 20130910

Delivery! 20130911
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Nice...
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:51 pm

260 HP is still enough to get you in trouble with the law if you are not careful, lol. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Those "Goodwrench" motors are tried & true and will last forever if you take good care of them w/ reg oil changes, etc.  For the money, you can't beat 'em.

PS- You might have a hood clearance issue w/ that tall intake & air lid combo (????), unless of course my eyes are at it again...Shocked
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:31 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:260 HP is still enough to get you in trouble with the law if you are not careful, lol. JB
Back in 1985, I ran my bone stock SS (350, 4bbl, 4 spd, 3.42 rear, headers) at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ. Bone stock engine was only 175 hp. It ran a best of 15.23 after 3 passes. So with the right rear gear, 260 would be decent.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:34 pm

77mali wrote:Those "Goodwrench" motors are tried & true and will last forever if you take good care of them w/ reg oil changes, etc.  For the money, you can't beat 'em.

PS- You might have a hood clearance issue w/ that tall intake & air lid combo (????), unless of course my eyes are at it again...Shocked
I never had a hood clearance problem.  I ran a edelbrock performer rpm intake with a 4 inch tall k&n filter (with a flat base) and it all fit.  Granted with no hood insulation the wing nut was real close to the outside sheet metal, but it fit no problem.  Remember these cars were designed for big blocks.  Thumbs up
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Maybe the carb & lid is throwing me off (not bolted I think- just resting on the carb?) but the intake on the 350 looks different that the one pictured in the Kit photo but it should work out...and yes John, thank you...I know they came with 454's. Razz 
Laughing 
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Sorry paul but 77's like yours didn't (lol) but '73/75's did.  Just a reminder, I know you already knew that.  Thumbs up   because you know your Turd  just a little ball bust in'.Give Me Beer
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:08 pm

dynchel wrote:Sorry paul but 77's like yours didn't (lol) but '73/75's did.  Just a reminder, I know you already knew that.  Thumbs up   because you know your Turd  just a little ball bust in'.Give Me Beer
LOL...yes sadly due to the Gubment emissions reg's 454's fell outta style by 75...they were rare in 75 & by 76 & 77 they really neutered our cars. Kinda makes you feel ripped off a little Sad

Hawk's 260 hp Goodwrench is almost as much factory hp as a 73 454 (285 hp I think) ...the big blocks did have a boat load of torque though.
Beer
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:46 pm

For '74 the 454 h/p rating was 220 h/p.  My '03 crown Victoria (4.6 litre) is rated at 220 h/p and it is by no means a hot rod.No
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

The engine is going to be perfect, besides if I built one now with a lot more HP, what would I have to think about and spend money on in the future Very Happy I didn't know the stock 454 had such a low HP and thank goodness for technology and innovation.

I think the pic of the engine is a little deceiving since it doesn't have all the other stuff on it. The intake/carb is a lot higher than what I had on my other engine (4bbl qjet) The intake is bolted on the but the carb and air cleaner are just resting on the intake.

Delivery! 20130912
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Hawk03 wrote:The engine is going to be perfect, besides if I built one now with a lot more HP, what would I have to think about and spend money on in the future Very Happy I didn't know the stock 454 had such a low HP and thank goodness for technology and innovation.

I think the pic of the engine is a little deceiving since it doesn't have all the other stuff on it. The intake/carb is a lot higher than what I had on my other engine (4bbl qjet) The intake is bolted on the but the carb and air cleaner are just resting on the intake.

Delivery! 20130912
You have to remember in "74/'75 the government was coming down hard on muscle cars, catlytic converters were now required ('for '75) and the early converters were really restrictive.  that snowballed into unleaded gas with low octane, bringing on low compression motors.   There was also the gas crunch so the oem's were trying to get as good a gas milege as they could.  And to top it all off that pi$$ ant ralph nader was still around preaching about safety and 85 mph speedometers.Mad
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Hey that's a better shot.  I musta been Drinking Party a page back.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum