Driveit's day dreaming and build thread.

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: Driveit's day dreaming and build thread.

Post by Oldschool454 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:58 pm

driveit wrote:http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/83706-1973-Pontiac-Grand-Am-LS7-Swap

Love this car!  Hope this guy don't mind that I borrowed these.
Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 7 Attachment
Those rear calipers are the same as mine. Looks like he used the conversion off a 3rd gen camaro as well. lol
Oldschool454
Oldschool454
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: Driveit's day dreaming and build thread.

Post by driveit on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:03 pm

I can't remember for sure, but he may have.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Got a head start on a few things this morning. I installed the tail light bulbs and checked the fluids. I still need to add a little tranny and brake fluid, then I should be good there. I still have quite a bit to go on my list below. I added a few more things I want to get done before winter. It is coming faster than I want.

Wiper blades
Replace Headlight Switch.
Rewire Stereo and relocate hidden antenna.
Diagnose Brake Pedal problem.
Tuck rear bumper.
Fix leaky windshield and rear glass.
Work in top.
Work on quarters.
Remove Chrome Trim.
Bang out a few dents and prime/seal before winter.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:00 pm

This is what I got done over the weekend. Not much... My plan for Saturday went all wrong. I ended up having to do something else. It will benefit our family so I can't complain too much.

Wiper blades - Done
Fluids - Done
All lights - Done

Still to do:
Replace Headlight Switch.
Rewire Stereo and relocate hidden antenna.
Diagnose Brake Pedal problem.
Tuck rear bumper.
Fix leaky windshield and rear glass.
Work in top.
Work on quarters.
Remove Chrome Trim.
Bang out a few dents and prime/seal before winter.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Don't you have a windshield antenna?
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:28 pm

The end is broken off of it and wasn't sure if it could be fixed, but yes I do.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:42 pm

Have a set of Dual antennas so you can be whipping in the wind LOL if your interested was gonna put them on the grsen 76 but with a spoiler on the back already not sure how they would look
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:21 am

Limey wrote:Have a set of Dual antennas so you can be whipping in the wind LOL if your interested was gonna put them on the grsen 76 but with a spoiler on the back already not sure how they would look
I always liked the dual antenna look, I even got repop ('60 impala) ones that I installed on my '60 olds.  BTW when you were typing that did you have Aaron tippin going through your head?

Last edited by dynchel on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:25 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added comments)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:09 am

lol. I want a hidden antenna! I don't want double the exposure... lol
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:28 am

driveit wrote:lol.  I want a hidden antenna!  I don't want double the exposure... lol
Dual antennas would look cool on your car the way it is now...not so much when it looks like your rendering.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:33 am

driveit wrote:The end is broken off of it and wasn't sure if it could be fixed, but yes I do.

Depending on where it's broken (i.e. if there's sufficient wire protruding from the base of the windshield) you might be able to re-solder it if you're handy with a soldering iron. Otherwise, you're looking at replacing the windshield.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:00 am

The wire is still there from the windshield, but the end where it plugs into the stereo is broke off.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:37 am

How much wire is sticking out? Got a photo?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:02 pm

I don't right now, but could probably take one if my phone will work.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:01 pm

[quote="dynchel"]
Limey wrote:Have a set of Dual antennas so you can be whipping in the wind  BTW when you were typing that did you have Aaron tippin going through your head?

It was on the radio while typing it LMAO
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:02 pm

lol
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Every so often I take some time and go over what I plan to do with my car. Here is the latest daydreaming plan.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OnWdVYiduD0fTmgoZOu96sTM4piRJPZSGiwUnCXpCMc/edit?usp=sharing
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm

Experimenting with some ideas for my car.
Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 7 My_car11
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Here is another.
Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 7 My_car12
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Danm Chris, that sounds like hot rod magazine material there.  I'm a bit more retro (big surprise right) but that would (will!) Be sweet . Thumbs up
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:56 pm

All just a daydream for now. Maybe by the time im like 70 I will get it there.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:08 pm

What do you think about this? Roof console from 97 olds bravada. I think it would look nice in my 74.
Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 7 Roof_c10
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:44 pm

The wiring may be a hassle, just guessing. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Piece of cake (relatively).  Both Wally and I have these installed in ours.  Wiring's pretty easy, I can dig up my diagram if you want it.  IIRC in addition to the dome power and ground you already have, you'll be needing:

o  two wires for temp sensor (if it has the outside air temp option)
o  a power feed for the map lights and display (separate from dome feed, but uses the same ground)
o  a feed from your parking light circuit so it knows to dim the display when you turn the lights on

Mounting will have three bolts: one in front that goes directly (at least in mine) to a hole already in the front roof rail of the car (I think it was for the moon roof option), and two directly above the dome light, for which you'll need to fashion a T-shaped bracket to attach to your existing dome light mount.

The scary part will be slicing open your headliner! Smile

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 7 Consol10
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:32 pm

That looks awesome. Is that one from a Bravada? Also have no headliner so no biggie. Got any more pics of it? definitely yes on the diagram if you have it as well.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next