G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread.

+21
Joe73
Dinomyte
thatfnthing
jerry46765
switchbiker
Wallyuph
JB2wheeler
pila
Limey SE
Oldschool454
LS_Quest
Tom77
1973 454 MONTE
1973montec
chevellelaguna
Pontichev327
ant7377
lownslow75
LSANTI76
BK-75
Brainstain
25 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: Driveit's day dreaming and build thread.

Post by driveit Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Thanks. The color is Enferno Orange. I found it on a Camaro in the last issue of Super Chevy. The other color is black, but I do think the charcoal would look good as well and have pondered on it a few times.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: Driveit's day dreaming and build thread.

Post by dynchel Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Spoiler disappeared?
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:49 am

It is a little dark back there. I was getting tired when I stopped. I have a lot more to do before I call it done.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:31 am

This is not complete by far, but what do you guys think?
Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 12 Projec11
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:27 am

Getting better every time.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:08 am

I love the look of that Laguna nose. I see you took my suggestion to heart. I think you can now call it a Laguna Classic Smile

Blacked out grills and head light chrome would be a nice touch, and just leave the trim around the bumper strip chrome, just a thought.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:14 am

Looks great.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 pm

After looking at the front end a few times I knew it needed a change. I didn't like the outline of the grille at all. I removed that and made the side stripe fit a bit better on the top version. This is better I think. My favorite still is the 73 Laguna front end, but this one should be more aerodynamic.
Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 12 Projec12
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mikidymac Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Never did like that front/grill. To me it just does not fit the car and reminds me of this...
Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 12 Mc
mikidymac
mikidymac
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:36 pm

mikidymac wrote:Never did like that front/grill. To me it just does not fit the car and reminds me of this...
Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. - Page 12 Mc
You don't like a g body Monte SS?
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mikidymac Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Nope, it's to nice. I like ugly cars like my 73' SS.
mikidymac
mikidymac
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:01 pm

I always liked '73/'74 Laguna noses (not so much '75/'76)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:43 pm

My favorite still is the 73 Laguna front end, but this one should be more aerodynamic.

driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:48 pm

I dig the Nascar front end. Put a 79 corvette spoiler on the @$$ end & yer good 2 go!
afro
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Going with a custom adjustable nascar style spoiler. It will have side splitters to keep moving straight from over the car. Then the spoiler itself will be a thick aluminum braced across to keep the spoiler from bending under pressure. I hope to get a few renderings done of this soon to put on here.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:02 pm

I think its time for an update. Ok, so the engine is down. My list has not changed. Now I am trying to decide what to do with what I have. I have two lifters that are dished in like bowls with chucks out of the bottom. I haven't pulled the cam yet, but I am sure it will be similar wear if not worse. I have another cam that I am thinking of swapping into it. This one is not as radical. It is the one from my old engine that I build back in 04. It didn't have as much lope to it. So I will miss the sound, but it is on hand.

I am wondering if it would be ok to pull the current cam change the oil and filter then put in the other stuff. Put it through another break in and would it be ok?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:04 pm

I've known people that have successfully done it. Try to keep all the lifters in the same place.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next