G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limey, you gotta see this

4 posters

Go down

Limey, you gotta see this Empty Limey, you gotta see this

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:55 am

[img]Limey, you gotta see this 0492_410[/img][img]Limey, you gotta see this 0482_410[/img]
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Limey, you gotta see this Empty Re: Limey, you gotta see this

Post by dynchel Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:00 am

That was built on "American hot rod" a few years back.  Boyd Coddington's shop.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:08 am

I was at his shop and saw them in person. Its really antifreeze green.They did a great job on them.
Seats are as hard like a rock. (I just had to touch them to see) That's the Upholster in me.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Antifreeze Green is the same color that they used on a S10 truck on Powerblock TV. HOC has a simular color in their Limetime. Yf I was an extrovert, which I'm not, I would paint my truck that color. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Wallyuph wrote:I was at his shop and saw them in person. Its really antifreeze green.They did a great job on them.
Seats are as hard like a rock. (I just had to touch them to see) That's the Upholster in me.
I had to wonder about that. The bike looks all kinds of uncomfortable.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:02 pm

thatfnthing wrote:
Wallyuph wrote:I was at his shop and saw them in person. Its really antifreeze green.They did a great job on them.
I had to wonder about that.  The bike looks all kinds of uncomfortable.
I have been to "Gabes" upholstery shop also (his shop did the Upholstery). Myself and 3 other Upholsterers went out and made our own tour of a few places. They were all nice to us when we swapped Bus cards and visited. We always wondered how those seats looked so firm and smoothed. After seeing a feeling one we now know. They are more for looks that comfort. One of Boyd's shows they took a road cruse and both Boyd and his wife were complaining about how uncomfortable the seats was.

I built my car for comfort. The seats are two different models made into one Backs off one year and bases off another mid 80's GM. The arm rest and door pull rest are set for my height. The seats have air powered lumbar and side bolstering. I used 6 way power seat bases and they power recline. My wife said its the most comfy ride we own. O and heated seats and backs also. They may have a wrinkle in them but in my industry we call that a comfort wrinkle.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Wallyuph wrote:I built my car for comfort. The seats are two different models made into one Backs off one year and bases off another mid 80's GM. The arm rest and door pull rest are set for my height. The seats have air powered lumbar and side bolstering. I used 6 way power seat bases and they power recline. My wife said its the most comfy ride we own. O and heated seats and backs also. They may have a wrinkle in them but in my industry we call that a comfort wrinkle.
Yep, you gave me the lowdown on their construction in another thread, and I've been toying with the idea in my head for my own car. I think that's the way it should be. If ain't comfortable, you won't want to drive it or ride in it. I never understood the idea of just building it for show. Seems an incredible waste of time, effort, talent, and money.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:45 pm

I have won many trophies but the best ones are the thumbs up at a stop light or driving down the road. Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down