G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some opinions on new paint color

+10
Hawk03
Mcarlo77
77mali
ant7377
1973 454 MONTE
BK-75
JB2wheeler
Colonnade Mattie
Fishgrinder
JiMi_DRiX
14 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some opinions on new paint color

Post by thatfnthing Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Colonnade Mattie wrote:Everything depends on the look you are going for. I like montes with a vinyl top..all of the rocker and wheel well trim..i don't really like the stripes down the hood..pinstripes on the side are ok..I like them when they look original. As a rule I'd paint it original color unless you don't like the original color at all..then consider the condition of your interior and weather striping and trim as the lighter the color you choose the more these things stand out.
I have all the rocker trim, but not the wheel well trim (still debating that).  Vinyl roof is long gone and is never coming back -- I hated it and all it does is breed rust.  And I like the factory color, but after 40 years I'm ready for a change. Smile

Colonnade Mattie wrote:..I like them when they look original.
And this from the guy with mudflaps and a trailer hitch. Very Happy
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some opinions on new paint color

Post by Colonnade Mattie Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Yeah I know I have cragars..the wrong motor..not exactly the right green color either..lol...just sayin i like how montes look stock..they are classics. If you don't have the vinyl top on it would look good in that orange color for sure.
Colonnade Mattie
Colonnade Mattie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:44 am

I could do a rendition of it for you with a few different colors and stripes. I would do it for free, but the wife thinks I take too much time away from the family working on them. I love it and would do it all day and sometimes it takes hours to do one. I see why she says that, but I still enjoy it and like to help out. Ill do it for 5$ if you want it. Just post a pic or PM and I'll get back to you.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:15 pm

http://www.decalfx.com/carbon_3_black_sheets.html
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:04 pm

Thank you all for your input -- it's been pretty unanimous (even by people who have seen it in person) that the orange is better, so that's what we'll be going with.

Driveit: I greatly appreciate the offer, and I would take you up on it if I didn't already have the web person at my office working on exactly that. I may still if she doesn't come up with anything.Smile

Chris: I don't suppose you have any other angles on that Chevelle?

Thanks guys!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-75 Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:25 am

Any thoughts of Orange with darker color break on hood, roof,and trunk instead of rally stripes?

Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 2013-m10

Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 Foose_10

BK-75
BK-75
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:53 am

Orange and charcoal metallic.Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 Cd-chicago-ISFccsr-6
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:56 am

Or what about orange with a satin black. I know this one is red.

Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 Sd3-xd560
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:07 am

Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 55694810
Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 Img_0312
Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 13907610
Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 13757210
Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 99462510
Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 13924710
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:47 am

I like it but it needs something down the side. Maybe a of that black down through there or something. I don't know. You know what. I'd driveit! lol.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:21 am

The door handles and emblems are Shaved, that's why the side looks plain.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:10 am

this was b4 he completely redid it.
Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 36878_10
Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 34303_10
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:13 am

Not very many people shave "SS" emblems off. Smoking
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:16 pm

I like the before's better!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:17 pm

driveit wrote:I like the before's better!
I was thinking the same thing.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:48 pm

I think this is a stock color for this model year
Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 Copper10

This pic's exposure is dark but I think this is just another shade of factory "orange"
Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 Copper11

This  base color is bad @$$ & has a reddish/orange hue but in the sun it's more copper
Need some opinions on new paint color - Page 2 Copper12

The top one is my all time favorite Monte color combo.  1975?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:51 pm

The Orange/Buckskin color combo on the top Monte is amazing! Looks like it may have the hood ornament...making it a '77.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:00 pm

No stripes. the body line of a Monte dont do well with them, try maybe a pinstripe some where.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:The Orange/Buckskin color combo on the top Monte is amazing!  Looks like it may have the hood ornament...making it a '77.

I'll take your word for that. That combo would look pretty cool on your Guna too or my Chevelle. Laughing 
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:10 pm

My 'Guna originally came with that color interior. Unfortunately, the numb-nut who I bought it from sprayed everything (including the headliner) black and did a terrible job. Not to mention, most of the plastic was dry-rotted underneath the paint. If I could find all the parts in that color at a reasonable price, I'd go back to it.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:13 pm

V
idk why so many of you think stripes don't look good on monte carlos...I like them. Twisted Evil
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:30 pm

dynchel wrote:V
idk why so many of you think stripes don't look good on monte carlos...I like them. Twisted Evil

Stripes only look good on the Monte in the Big City. Big City B**ch!
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:44 pm

i like the side stripes. but not the over the top stripes.

just me
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:34 am

I'll be damned. A friend found this on Craigslist, which looks about spot on for the color. So I'm not as original as I thought. Smile

Now all I have to do is 'shop the right wheels and some bottom trim on it. Thoughts?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/4319516533.html

thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:52 am

i like it, i was debating with going with a burnt orange color (bittersweet 1971 gm model year) the original color of my buddys '71 442.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next