G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nos laguna impact strip

3 posters

Go down

nos laguna impact strip Empty nos laguna impact strip

Post by 454fourspeedss Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Merry Christmas to all , and best wishes and good fortune in the upcoming year! Ok on another subject does anyone know the value of an nos 1975/1976 laguna rear bumper impact strip or where you could find one. I would imagine they are very very few and very far between. As always any input will be greatly appreciated !

454fourspeedss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

nos laguna impact strip Empty Re: nos laguna impact strip

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Merry Christmas to you and everyone, as well!

First of all, be advised that the two rub strips are different. Not only visually ('75 has a recessed pin stripe down the middle and '76 does not), but the mtg stud locations do not interchange on the bumpers. Been through that on my projects. As for finding NOS ones, I've never seen one.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

nos laguna impact strip Empty impact strip

Post by 454fourspeedss Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:31 pm

reason I am wondering is I have a nos 76/77 strip for the bumper without bumper guards , I am sure you could make it work for the ones with guards , just wondering what it would be worth thanks

454fourspeedss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Hard to say what a NOS strip should sell for when you have nothing to compare it with. I'd start with what you paid for it and allow yourself a reasonable profit...just like any business deal. Sometimes you just have to go with a gut feeling as to what you'd be willing to pay for it.

By the way, here's a photo of a '75 rub strip FOR bumpers with bumper guards. All they've done is eliminate the rubber from the metal backing. Mtg hole is in same location as if a bumper bolt were used. A person could cut that section of rubber out if they wanted to use your bumper strip for guards.

nos laguna impact strip 75rubs10
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Also guys, they are color keyed to the color of the stripe on 75 Lagunas. Mine are white with a red pinstripe......[img]nos laguna impact strip The_gu10[/img].
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Here is the front one, check out how it matches the stripes.....[img]nos laguna impact strip The_gu11[/img]
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down