G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK

+2
badbiscayne66
BlackChevelleSS
6 posters

Go down

SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK Empty SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK

Post by Limey SE Thu May 28, 2009 12:42 am

Oh harsh.... ever wonder why some Chevys have 4 bolt mains? Weaker castings with lower nickel! In all honesty though, I pulled a Chevy 355 out of the Cutty that was pushing it into the low 12's. I don't plan to build something slower.

I'll lay out the 455 build, you tell me how far off yours is:
68 455 with a forged crank
C casting heads pocket ported
speed pro forged pistons
Still gotta buy the Crosswind intake, the 60804 Voodoo cam, & headers to finish it off so I'm still about $8-900 away.
No need to worry about it coming apart, but Olds does have some oiling problems to address. I'm not 100% what power I'll be making, but I'd be willing to bet an honest 475 hp & 550 ft/bs.

AS A FAMOUS MAN ONCE SAID .....LETS LIGHT EM' UP BOYS.................LETS RACE

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK Empty Re: SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK

Post by The Dude Thu May 28, 2009 12:55 am

No I can't call him out until it's done. That just wouldn't be fair to either of us & I'd look like a poser. What I will do is lay out what I got. If he thinks his is a good match, cool.

Once the motor is done............. well Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK Empty Re: SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu May 28, 2009 10:42 am

so what ya got?

SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu May 28, 2009 11:51 am

Rago wrote:
I'll lay out the 455 build, you tell me how far off yours is:
68 455 with a forged crank
C casting heads pocket ported
speed pro forged pistons
Still gotta buy the Crosswind intake, the 60804 Voodoo cam, & headers to finish it off so I'm still about $8-900 away.
No need to worry about it coming apart, but Olds does have some oiling problems to address. I'm not 100% what power I'll be making, but I'd be willing to bet an honest 475 hp & 550 ft/bs.

Man I was tore up last night! But anyways, since I guess I must have come off sounding like I wanted to race, here's pretty much where I'm at.

Here is the Cutlass, completely gutted (not even a heater) with 90/10 shocks up front, Hotchkis front & El Camino rear springs, & boxed lower rear control arms. I still got the 12 bolt with 4.33 gears, but I loaned it to my cousin while I'm not using it:

SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK Red10

Here is the old 355 Chevy I pulled out, if you want the specs I'll tell you:

SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK Old_mo10

Here is my cousin's 400 powered Cutlass, since we're on the subject & it's clean:

SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK Green_10

Recognize that front wheel? It's sitting in your yard right now. lol!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Thu May 28, 2009 2:48 pm

SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK Olds I had one!!!!
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 28, 2009 8:50 pm

WOW LOOKS LIKE THAT STRIPE IS MEANT FOR THE LAGUNA ?? WONDER IF SAME DESIGNER FOR GM MADE THE CUT FOR BOTH. its awfully close not to have been the same designer

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Well hells bells. The Cutlass went bye bye Sunday night. Crying or Very sad It's all good though. I scored some cool toys & it would have rotted away in the woods before I got around to it with all of my other projects going on. Her new home is in Wisconsin! I still got another 455 in the shop, just gotta figure out what to do with it. Maybe when I finish one of the Chevelle projects I can find a 73-74 442.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:04 pm

crap you should have said sumtin you could have sent that 455 here my friend is looking for one for his project

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:14 pm

That sucks. Next time I sell something I'll make sure to post it up here first. The 455 that I still have isn't anything special to write home about. I think it's either a 68 or 69 F2 block with a nodular crank. I got it from a buddy after it had been sitting uncovered for a few years so it needs some major cleaning. I'm gonna hold onto it though. Never know when I might need it. You know, like if I wanted to put some REAL power under the hood of the 73, LMAO!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:07 pm

I always post here first saves the trouble and hassle from ebay and craigslist hassle's

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:31 am

You're telling me. I don't really use CL or Ebay anymore unless it's small stuff or something I'm looking for. Ebay wanted to charge me & CraigsList was nothing but scam replies mixed in with a bunch of people just wanting to look or trade more cars that I didn't need.Clapp I finally got some serious responses when I posted to RacingJunk & still ended up doing some trading, LOL. I still can't believe the guy drove all the way down here through a snow storm from Wisconsin in a minivan to pick up my Cutlass. Now that's some serious dedication.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:48 am

Rago wrote:. I still can't believe the guy drove all the way down here through a snow storm from Wisconsin in a minivan to pick up my Cutlass. Now that's some serious dedication.

Them olds and pontiac guys know a deal when they see one ................and they are hard core when it comes to buying them.............

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:10 pm

I got nearly $3,000 worth of stuff in trade for it. Great deal from a business standpoint, but I still don't know if I like the idea of the car being gone. I've been trying to figure out why he came so far for it, but then I realize you northerners are in the rust belt. I bet he whoa nelly himself when he got home, inspected it, & found no rust!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:18 pm

I bet dude, and we are NOT in the rust belt !! We are the rust belt !! enough to start a scrap buisness every spring LMAO

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:25 pm

SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK Rusteze-fred-mcq
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Nuff said............
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:18 am

LMAO! Rago, LOVE your avatar! I loved "Blue Harvest". Haven't seen "Something, Something, Something, Dark Side" yet though.

lol!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:36 am

74MonteCarlo wrote:LMAO! Rago, LOVE your avatar! I loved "Blue Harvest". Haven't seen "Something, Something, Something, Dark Side" yet though.

lol!

haha downloaded it today for free....funny as hell...i think better than blue harvest
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:37 am

Rago wrote:SOUNDS LIKE A CALL OUT LOL.......... RAGO TO BLACK Rusteze-fred-mcq

HE CALLED ME FRED HEY HE KNOWS MY NAME LIGHTNING McQUEEN KNOWS MY NAME HE KNOWS MY NAME

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down