NOS ladder bars for G3's

Go down

NOS ladder bars for G3's

Post by dynchel on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:10 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CHEVELLE-HURST-OLDS-MALIBU-LAKEWOOD-LADDER-BARS-73-74-75-76-77-A-BODY-/161211786145?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2588f8a3a1&vxp=mtr
I found these while looking for parts (out of boredom)  I figured maybe bracket chevy, joe 73, maybe even limey might be interested.  They are a little pricey, but I do believe the seller is right, they are no longer made. happy bowtie
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Re: NOS ladder bars for G3's

Post by bitterfitter on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:17 am

I had a set of these till last year. I picked them up for $50 bucks at a local swap meet. They were in real nice shape but didn't have the front brackets to mount to frame. I was going to fabricate some, but decided the ride for the street would be too stiff. Also I would have to loss the rear sway bar.

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:25 am

I ran those for two years.  Nothing but headaches.  The problem is that they bolt to the lower shock bolt.  After a short time it rips the shock mount apart.  Ive had to do some welding numerous times.  The 64-72 version bolted to tbe lower control arm bolt and was much stronger.  I sold mine years ago.  I wouldnt recoomend them to anyone.  It does make your car launch nice.  If you need a set I'd recommend welding in a tubular crossmember and welding in some bars.  But that would be.permanet. You will also need a steady supply of the.bushings for the front mount. Tbey go bad all the time.
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:33 am

They would make for a nice 70's recreation restoration. The problem with them, is they are a different length than the factory 4 link. They stiffen the suspension, mostly because they put the suspension in a bind. The factory 4 link bar wants to rotate in 1 arc radius, and the ladder bar wants to rotate in another arc radius. But they do keep the car from squatting and help keep the tire on the ground.
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:57 pm

Not for me I took Joe's advice not to use them and they went to Scrap yard when I junk a lot of other stuff
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum