G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First start

2 posters

Go down

First start Empty First start

Post by Redsway76 Fri May 29, 2009 4:47 pm

ok so ibought a used 305 with a newer cam and liftes and timing chain set was told motor was running wheni picked it up no specs for cam but not OEM spec this i know got it in just got it running today finally got to idle by adjusting the idle screw however it makes a loud pop out of the exhaust ever so randomly but stays running if im slightly on the gas dies if at idle runs smooth with throttle open but it jus tpops every now and again i also noticed my tachometer was jumping around between 1k and 2k rpm could this be a sign that the internals of my distributor need repalced or maybe my ratty old plug wires ? i know the cap and rotor are new plugs are gapped and looked good when installed idle mix screws are 1.5 turns out. Question
Redsway76
Redsway76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

First start Empty Re: First start

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sat May 30, 2009 1:26 am

you did set timing at 38* total right? First thing thats needed.

First start SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Redsway76 Sat May 30, 2009 7:20 pm

it be fixed turns out as suspected i was off a tooth or two on the distributor took it out tweaked it a lil bit runs like a champ now fastest 305 ever man lol..... i know im an idiot
Redsway76
Redsway76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down