G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know the weight difference of inner fenderwells?

+6
bracketchev1221
switchbiker
77mali
pila
Joe73
74Malibu383
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does anyone know the weight difference of inner fenderwells? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone know the weight difference of inner fenderwells?

Post by dynchel Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:16 am

Does anyone know the weight difference of inner fenderwells? - Page 2 Photobucket-89014-1362749023208_zps114c856e
Heres some of my lightening...crash brace cut out. header supports swiss cheesed. Razz
Does anyone know the weight difference of inner fenderwells? - Page 2 Photobucket-88026-1362748990235_zps8838b0ce
Does anyone know the weight difference of inner fenderwells? - Page 2 Photobucket-87093-1362748943550_zpseada8c74
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know the weight difference of inner fenderwells? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone know the weight difference of inner fenderwells?

Post by bracketchev1221 Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:03 pm

dynchel wrote:Does anyone know the weight difference of inner fenderwells? - Page 2 Photobucket-89014-1362749023208_zps114c856e
Heres some of my lightening...crash brace cut out. header supports swiss cheesed. Razz
Does anyone know the weight difference of inner fenderwells? - Page 2 Photobucket-88026-1362748990235_zps8838b0ce
Does anyone know the weight difference of inner fenderwells? - Page 2 Photobucket-87093-1362748943550_zpseada8c74

Have you taken it to the track yet to see what it runs?
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:44 pm

No, I would like to but if i was to break something the car would be parked for a while until i save up enough to fix it.  I have $2500.00 a month in morgage and day care expenses alone plus everything else, lets just say extra money is very limited.  A good friend of mine who drag races regularly says it feels to him to be a solid 14 second car, possibly on a good night high 13's.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2fat2fly Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:26 am

74Malibu383 wrote:
The metal ones are not heavy at all. Maybe 10lbs each?
Not to thread hijack, but do you know what the bumper shocks weigh?
I remember something from Keith Seymore that the front shocks and support system amounted to about 65 pounds. May have been from an article from when his car was in the mags !
I gave up trying to get my car on some kind of diet, everywhere I look nothing but pounds.
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:19 am

2fat2fly wrote:
74Malibu383 wrote:
The metal ones are not heavy at all. Maybe 10lbs each?
Not to thread hijack, but do you know what the bumper shocks weigh?
I remember something from Keith Seymore that the front shocks and support system amounted to about 65 pounds. May have been from an article from when his car was in the mags !
I gave up trying to get my car on some kind of diet, everywhere I look nothing but pounds.
...........Keith Seymour has a nice white up about his car on Chevy talk under g3 pics (introductions) I've tried to get him to join here but he says basically "to busy"
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by black eyes Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Were is the thread about how to make your car lighter?

black eyes
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:44 pm

black eyes wrote:Were is the thread about how to make your car lighter?

https://www.g3gm.com/t2500-g3-diet-plan-for-the-street
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:08 pm

If you you are looking for "as light as possible" leave the inner fenders out.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2