G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It only "just" started making noise!

+14
77mali
dynchel
Mcarlo77
Hawk03
chevellelaguna
pila
driveit
Wallyuph
BlackChevelleSS
switchbiker
Joe73
Tom77
Biomedtech
74Malibu383
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

It only "just" started making noise! - Page 3 Empty Re: It only "just" started making noise!

Post by chevellelaguna Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Hahaaha nice one! No brake pedal...I bet! I think the caliper piston is harder than the pads..or backing! That's a different color spark when the piston is in the rotor!!
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

It only "just" started making noise! - Page 3 Empty Re: It only "just" started making noise!

Post by 77mali Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:29 pm

dynchel wrote:It only "just" started making noise! - Page 3 IMG_20150331_173038624_zpsiddc2py4
So this came in Tuesday with no brake pedal.... The rotor go so thin the piston came out of the bore.  No vehicle inspection in Ohio gives us entertaining pics like this.

Wow! That might be a record, did you measure how thick it was? I'm shocked that there seems to be no scoring on that rotor.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:33 pm

The other side has the scoring.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:21 am

Edit
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri May 29, 2015 6:57 pm

It only "just" started making noise! - Page 3 Th_VID_200110721_184732_zpsaxmxu2ig
This came in today....
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri May 29, 2015 7:16 pm

What are we looking at, John?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri May 29, 2015 7:18 pm

It doesn't play? Click on it, its a video.

Last edited by dynchel on Fri May 29, 2015 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added details)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu May 12, 2016 3:48 pm

It only "just" started making noise! - Page 3 IMG_20160512_091122416_zpsghdnwoo9 the most thought out hack I've ever seen.  They even used muffler putty.  
It only "just" started making noise! - Page 3 FB_IMG_1463059544532_zps3r9hrvlm
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu May 12, 2016 4:39 pm

I've never seen anything like that. What is it and what's it supposed to do?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu May 12, 2016 6:05 pm

It was a Subaru Forester. My guess is the muffler fell off & this was their "temperory" fix.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu May 12, 2016 6:16 pm

It looks like a top to a chain link fence post w/ some drill holes...that's awesome! LOL
Laughing Laughing Laughing
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri May 13, 2016 9:19 am

Wow. Won't the neighbor be surprised when he sees part of his fence missing. Smile

So all the exhaust was supposed to come out those 3 little holes? How did the car even run?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Fri May 13, 2016 10:54 am

My first thought was "low buck" cutouts.....LMAO
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Fri May 13, 2016 9:39 pm

There is another muffler on the other side. The exhaust is probably a single pipe at some point so all the exhaust just goes through the remaining muffler.

BTW, I'm now scared of chevy 2500's. I mean, damn, I just can't understand how brakes can get that bad and not be that noticeable to the driver.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Sat May 14, 2016 12:19 am

bigredlaguna wrote:BTW, I'm now scared of chevy 2500's. I mean, damn, I just can't understand how brakes can get that bad and not be that noticeable to the driver.

All depends on the driver,  I had one (forget what kinda car it was, some kinda import) that said "the brakes started feeling funny"........ the rotors were worn through so much the cooling vanes were showing..... affraid
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Sat May 14, 2016 1:06 am

I guess people get used to the degradation of braking performance over time. I remember when I did a brake job for one of my co-workers, he told me that he almost hit his forehead on the steering wheel when he jabbed on the brakes like he was used to. All I did was resurface the rotors and new pads/shoes, but it was a dramatic difference for him.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3