G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COREYS73CHEVELLE.

+16
Limey SE
74MonteCarlo
Laguna Budman
The Dude
kevinlvy
JB2wheeler
wokrdan AKA BU Balls
IndyG3
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
laguna454/4spd
77malibu77
BlackChevelleSS
74Malibu383
bigredlaguna
orange Juiced
Hydro King
20 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Empty Re: COREYS73CHEVELLE.

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:02 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:Sweet! Looking forward to it! Gotta love the burn out videos! Sometimes I wish I could do burn outs on mine, then again I think that if I could do them, the car wouldn't be original stock. Maybe someday I'll be able to have an original unrestored and one to BUILD THE PISS OUT OF! Twisted Evil

lol!
update: new area for tire killing....2 houses down from me, then after the cops leave. lol! witch ill get on video also ill do some more in the driveway and some doughnuts in the high school parking lot. also i really hate..well the school security hates me SOOO after school one day im jus going to put a fatty going from one end of the bus loop to the other end about 400yards or so. lol right in from of the main office while security and the principal are standing outside. Twisted Evil hahahaha
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:03 pm

new Stainless Steel Brake Lines to calipers...not bolted into the hard lines just sitting there. still need the new hardlines

[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Brakes10[/img]

and now...
[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Brakes11[/img]
[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Brakes12[/img]
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:16 pm

inlinetube's 7pc stainless steel brake line kit came today, almost done insalling them and ill put some pictures up. and yes i would recomend thier product.
-these are the hard lines mounted thoughtout the frame. going under the front (engine) crossmember to the passanger side front brake hose to the proportion valve and from the proportion valve to the drivers side front brake hose And from the proption valve to the brake hose mounted on the top of the rear end housing..then from the spit on that hose to each side of the rear brakes. then the two lines from the proprtion vale to he master cylender.

TIPS and TOOLS:
1/2" Wrench
1/2" socket and ratchet
flathead screwdriver or small Prybar
somthing to cut though the old metal lines

---If you have back problems dont even attempt this! im 17 and im skinny and barly have room to get the lines out. i reccomend anyone uses a lift just wish i could have used one
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Most of the wiring is done including the plus wires all cut to fit.

[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Car_0028[/img]
[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Car_0029[/img]
[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Car_0030[/img]
[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Car_0031[/img]
[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Car_0032[/img]

ill get some adapters for the fan and transmission cooler tomorrow

[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Car_0033[/img]
[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Car_0115[/img]
[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Car_0116[/img]
[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Car_0117[/img]
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:19 pm

corey after these pics I dont care what you say you should keep this car you are so close and once you start to drive it you will NOT wanna sell it

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:22 pm

i agree with anthony on this, youve got a lot of time, effort, and money in this car, too much to not see it through to the end
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:32 pm

any car i ever own will never end! lol

I already decided what im doing, it will remain for sale and when i do sell it Im getting a new project. then when i have that one for a while get another project.

when this one is gone im getting another chevelle. most likely a 70 (non-ss) or 71. 2 door small block. car will be a daily driver while i do the body work and when the body work is done i sell the drivetrain and get an LS1 and TCI 6X paddleshift transmission. by the way ive already got some deals lines up for the drivetrain! this is my dream car thats why im doing it. i know its just another G2 BUT its not going to be done like the others, everyone goes the same direction with them but not me. but of course ill have to stay on this forum. that is if you guys allow me and dont get mad for trading off to a g2. lol you guys are better than chevytalk and any other foroum and an A body is an A body so yea you know. but ill defnatly never forget this car and i know ill miss it but i have a new way of looking at cars...Its a f'ng car! just a material object. just have fun with it and then when you feel like its time for a change let some other gearhead enjoy it! its not a kid that you have to baby and keep all your life. lol
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:49 pm

I agree 100% with Anthony. Looks great bud. LOVE the Edelbrock v-covers.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:53 pm

yea, if you ever get these v-covers make sure you also get the oil deflectors from moroso. i still need a set i know they will help with all that added space in there

http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/67700/10002/-1
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:18 pm

I just can't believe you are going to sell it without ever driving the finished product. You've put so much time, effort, and money into this thing. You'll never get it back out..... Just the nature of the beast. If you think about it, once sold, you've basically thrown a bunch of money down the toilet.

I'll tell you what... I'll save you the time and effort, and you can just start mailing checks to me. What do you think?
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:05 pm

it probobly will not sell before it gets drivin because im about a week from driving it.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Spahl Electric fan and hayden transmission cooler Mounted.

[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Rad_0010[/img]
[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Rad_0011[/img]
[img]COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 Rad_0012[/img]
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:10 pm

looking good Corey slow down man mine is going into rebuild stage again, switching the quadrajunk out for the holley and then all thats left is the trans cooler

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:16 pm

cool man, the cooler i got was pretty decent price i think with tax it was like $-60?? and it's thier high performance cooler for either engine oil OR transmission fluid.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:18 pm

I have one from a guy NIB just have to pay him for it yet........... un- employment only goes so far

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:22 pm

well the wiring is gong good now, got the marker lights working and the tailights in and they work, plus the autometer guages work but still ned to get my dashlights working
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:33 pm

man that thing is gonna be pretty bad A$$ when you get it finished
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:32 pm

thanks!
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:02 pm

coreys73chevelle wrote:any car i ever own will never end! lol

I already decided what im doing, it will remain for sale and when i do sell it Im getting a new project. then when i have that one for a while get another project.

when this one is gone im getting another chevelle. most likely a 70 (non-ss) or 71. 2 door small block. car will be a daily driver while i do the body work and when the body work is done i sell the drivetrain and get an LS1 and TCI 6X paddleshift transmission. by the way ive already got some deals lines up for the drivetrain! this is my dream car thats why im doing it. i know its just another G2 BUT its not going to be done like the others, everyone goes the same direction with them but not me. but of course ill have to stay on this forum. that is if you guys allow me and dont get mad for trading off to a g2. lol you guys are better than chevytalk and any other foroum and an A body is an A body so yea you know. but ill defnatly never forget this car and i know ill miss it but i have a new way of looking at cars...Its a f'ng car! just a material object. just have fun with it and then when you feel like its time for a change let some other gearhead enjoy it! its not a kid that you have to baby and keep all your life. lol

thats true but just keep in mind that its a B.I.T.C.H to have a car down for an extended period of time while you have to work on it so when you have stuff like that in your plans its better to have a car you can drive in the mean time...and like everyone else has already said...you will never get out what youve put into this car money wise...malibu383 is right...its just like throwing money down the toilet...if we were talking a first gen camaro, or 70 chevelle, etc. it would be different, these cars just arent as desirable to the majority, besides this thing has practically been frame off restored...you can just drive it and enjoy while you come home to your other project car, and having an extra car gives you the freedom to not be on a time crunch to get your car up and running again so you can get to work, school, etc...thats what ive been having to do and it sucks A$$.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:37 am

Yeah the getting money back part sucks. Would you believe I have well over $11,000 tied up in my 73 & I haven't really even put money in it? This is just from the Eclipse I took a bullet for by trading the 71 Chevelles & then this car. I'd say the 73 is lucky to be worth $1,000 in it's current condition.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:47 am

Looking good, but do you think that fan is enough?

COREYS73CHEVELLE. - Page 5 SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Looks really good man, clean. However, you might want to be careful with how you're mounting the cooler and fan. Every radiator manufacturer I've seen recommends that you do NOT use the plastic mounting ties. I just pulled this from some site, but they're all pretty much the same.

Try to avoid the plastic fan mounting ties made for this purpose (they look like a ribbed string with a disk at each end) as they will damage radiator fins and put all the weight and tension onto the core.

It might take a while for damage to happen, but with the price of aluminum radiators, you don't want to take that chance.

I'm also with Dan - I'm really curious to see if that single fan without a shroud is going to cool down the beast.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:15 pm

74Malibu383 wrote:Looks really good man, clean. However, you might want to be careful with how you're mounting the cooler and fan. Every radiator manufacturer I've seen recommends that you do NOT use the plastic mounting ties. I just pulled this from some site, but they're all pretty much the same.

Try to avoid the plastic fan mounting ties made for this purpose (they look like a ribbed string with a disk at each end) as they will damage radiator fins and put all the weight and tension onto the core.

It might take a while for damage to happen, but with the price of aluminum radiators, you don't want to take that chance.

I'm also with Dan - I'm really curious to see if that single fan without a shroud is going to cool down the beast.

As for cooling for now it will be enough i got it from a friend who had it on a 427BBC that ran 9s, if i need another later i can still add one, and i know they say it will void the warrany on the radiator with ties but these work just as well and only cost $12 instead of $40 fo the normal mounts and theyll never know anyways.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Just remember, you get what you pay for...

Just a thought - You could make your own brackets out of some pre-cut strips of steel or aluminum from the local hardware store. A vise and a drill would be all you need to make your own. It would be stronger and you wouldn't have to worry about ruining the radiator. Question
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:23 pm

these are just temporary until i can get the mounts made for them, i was carefull installing them and doubled up the pads.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum