Hood rubber bumpers

Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Hood rubber bumpers

Post by orange Juiced on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Anyone know where i can get a new pair of these hood bumpers? Never really noticed them before, they go on the hood by the hinges.

Hood rubber bumpers  20140626_185814
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by pila on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:42 am

Maybe OPGI...Original Parts Group Inc. Check their site. What car ? Chevy ? Poncho ?
Also you can check The Parts Place.......

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by dynchel on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:26 am

I bought those from Steele rubber a few years back, but I don't see them listed now.  They do still have the hood side bumpers though.
http://www.steelerubber.com/hood-bumper-70-1836-42
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by thatfnthing on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:25 am

Pretty sure I saw those not long ago at Rock Auto...
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by dynchel on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:12 am

dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by Limey SE on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:18 am

orange Juiced wrote:Anyone know where i can get a new pair of these hood bumpers? Never really noticed them before, they go on the hood by the hinges.

Hood rubber bumpers  20140626_185814

IIRC there are 6 Eddie all on the sides 2 front fenders 2middle fenders and the other 2 by hinges at least on my 76 Bu there was
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 92

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by dynchel on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:49 am

Limey wrote:
orange Juiced wrote:Anyone know where i can get a new pair of these hood bumpers? Never really noticed them before, they go on the hood by the hinges.


Hood rubber bumpers  20140626_185814

IIRC there are 6 Eddie all on the sides 2 front fenders 2middle fenders and the other 2 by hinges at least on my 76 Bu there was

Two go on the hood,  two on each side go on the fenders (those are the first link i posted), then the screw in ones that adjust the hood height.  At least that's what is on a '74.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by driveit on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:32 pm

dynchel wrote:
Limey wrote:
orange Juiced wrote:Anyone know where i can get a new pair of these hood bumpers? Never really noticed them before, they go on the hood by the hinges.


Hood rubber bumpers  20140626_185814

IIRC there are 6 Eddie all on the sides 2 front fenders 2middle fenders and the other 2 by hinges at least on my 76 Bu there was

Two go on the hood,  two on each side go on the fenders (those are the first link i posted), then the screw in ones that adjust the hood height.  At least that's what is on a '74.

Mine too.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by orange Juiced on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks dynchel, wasted about an hr looking for these.



I bought a rubber bumper kit for the whole car, and it didn't come with these. I finally located a straight hood on Wednesday, and while I was degreasing it i noticed them.

Thanks guys
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by dynchel on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:16 pm

Your welcome, for some reason you have to put Monte Carlo in as the vehicle, I found them by accident a few years back. drunken
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by orange Juiced on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:02 pm

I noticed that too when trying to see what else they had for a Malibu. I cant believe how much shipping cost me, oh well i need to replace them.
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by dynchel on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:09 pm

I had a big order for my other car ('60 Oldsmobile) so I was looking for anything else I could find to include in the price for my '74.  If you are repainting, don't forget door lock gaskets, I paid dearly  ( in shipping) since I needed them.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by pila on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:34 am

I believe that http://www.sandsclassics.com/ has those lock gaskets, which are opaque plastic material.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Hood rubber bumpers  Empty Re: Hood rubber bumpers

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum