G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to purchase seat covers

+14
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
crice63
pila
Hawk03
1973montec
Hs1973
1973 454 MONTE
Wallyuph
Limey SE
bitterfitter
77mali
Dinomyte
dynchel
73lagunanut
18 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Empty Where to purchase seat covers

Post by 73lagunanut Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:29 am

I have a 73 Laguna with the buckets . They aren't all tore up but I would like to purchase covers . My interior is off white or tan . The material has all those little pin holes . Where do I get these ? Thanks

73lagunanut
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Empty Re: Where to purchase seat covers

Post by dynchel Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:18 am

Last I looked original parts group had them.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Empty Re: Where to purchase seat covers

Post by Joe73 Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:43 am

Any interest in this??  

Factory 73 laguna rear seat (top and bottom).
Swivel bucket covers (custom).  They cover the entire seat front and back.
Upper door panels (custom).  

All pleated to match the factory back.  

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers 2dceg77
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:53 am

Those look beautiful . . .
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Golden eagle classics (if they're still around).  Their info is still out there on the web but I remember someone here tried to contact them and there was a death in the family or something & they were not working "full time".  Worth a shot & theirs are the least expensive I've found.

http://goldeagleclassics.com/assets/2012-2013A-BodyCatalog/pg052.pdf
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:53 pm

I have looked everywhere for a kit that had the same pattern as my 75 Laguna with the perforated vinyl. The only thing that came close was this set I purchased from 1A-Auto with special ordered perforated vinyl insets. I chose the 442 pattern but you could probably order these in the 73 ss pattern as well. I would call and ask them. Here are the pics of my seats that I reupholstered for reference. Hope this helps.
bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Swivel11
bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Front_11
bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Seats_13
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:38 pm

old thread I know, but beautiful job on those seats! I have to recover mine (white SS) and I'm exploring these threads for ideas on where to buy materials and such.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:41 pm

I bought a set of upholstery for my 76 El Camino that was the 73 SS pattern in black. I had an upholstery shop install them and they looked like crap. So I took them apart and reinstalled them and they had a few wrinkles that eventually worked out but turned out pretty good. Here a pic.

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Seats_10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:28 pm

OPGI, Ecklers Chevelle,National Parts depot Should get you started they all probably get from same supplier
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:45 pm

I had good luck with two sets that were made by PUI, which is the supplier for some of the vendors we use, like NPD etc.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:55 am

Wow check out this helpful video on the PUI website which shows an installation on our swivel buckets.  You have to scroll down and find it on the page, the video is embedded.  

I called PUI and they sent me samples so I can see if their Sandalwood is a good match for my 1973 Neutral.  By itself the swatch seems too dark but then once you lay it on the original seat is seems close enough. PUI only wholesales as previously mentioned, so I called Tamraz since I saw they carry G3 bucket seat covers and they are the ones who recommended I ask for a color sample from PUI because, once you buy the covers you can't return them.  Also, my covers are an 8 week lead time from Tamraz because they don't stock that color.  But the foam they have in stock.  I'm excited to delve into this project and hope to have nice new front seats for the spring.  My wife just got this great carpet steamer and it has a wand attachment, so I'm all set!  

http://www.puiinteriors.com/index.php/techtips

clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:11 am

Also take a look at ebay. I remember there being a seller in california, if I remember correctly, who makes a complete kit of front and rear seat covers with all colors and both grains available. Price was reasonable but they state there is a lead time because they make them as you order them. No sitting around on the shelf.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:48 am

I've seen several cars at the shows that used the PUI upholstery and they never look like they fit very well. Even in the video after a "professional" installation you can see quite a few wrinkles. I would recommend buying your upholstery kit through 1A-Auto. I've purchased 2 sets in the past from them and they seem to fit well. I believe Rock Auto now sells the same kits which are manufactured here in the U.S. by Quality Car Interior. The second set I did for my Laguna I used the new seat foams from Tamraz on Ebay and they worked great with one exception. The upper back of the foam is about an inch lower than the factory foam so I had to build it up with 1 inch foam I purchased from a hobby store. Then everything fit nicely. Below is a link to my original post when I did this installation. Hope this helps.

https://www.g3gm.com/t8476-75-laguna-bucket-seat-upholstery-set-install?highlight=bucket+seat
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:59 pm

Much appreciated g3chevy! I will go with your recommendation! and your thread is very helpful too and again what an awesome job you did! Is the green colored center foam what you had to add on yours? or did that green foam come off your original cover?
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:52 pm

The green colored foam is what I purchased from the hobby store to build up the new upper seat foams I purchased as a set from Tamraz on Ebay. I used spray adhesive to secure them in place. You can modify the shape of the foam with an 80 grit sanding disc if need be. Just be careful not to take off too much. I would practice on a spare piece of foam first just to get the hang of it. Attached are some pics to show the measurements of the original seat upholstery depth and the new ones, hence the reason you need additional foam.

Original Upholstery Measurement From Listing to Top Edge - 1.5 Inches:
bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Origin10

New Upholstery Measurement From Listing to Top Edge - 1.9 Inches:
bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers New_se10

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers New_se11
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:35 am

I have also tried the covers from NPG and i cant recommend it. They fit like crap and i had a hard time getting them on. Also they dont have the same moulding that secures the covers to the seat frame. So i had to Cut the old moulding of the old seats and reuse. I had hell of a time making it look right.
So If A1 auto has a set that fits better i would try it.

Also one last thing, the little metal clips that help the side moulding stay in place are hard to find. So be careful when removing them. You need them all when Putins new covers back on.

Henrik.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks Henrik, good advice. I am saving all those clips. I will be pissed if I have to cut off the mouldings that came stitched to the factory covers. Then have them stitched to the new covers??
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:10 am

Good advice, keep those little clips because no one reproduces them and you'll need them when installing the new seat upholstery. The upholstery set I bought from 1A-Auto came with new installation trim to go around the perimeter so you don't need to cut off the old stuff and reuse it. It also allows you to use less of the factory clips to install properly. I only used 4 clips be seat with my installation. Attached are pics of the clips and installation trim which is essentially windlace which works well.

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Clips10

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Clips_10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:56 pm

Ok, so new installation trim comes with them but separately and not stitched to the covers like factory. As long as they stay together during use I guess I can deal with that. Best I can do at this point.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:32 pm

It doesn't look exactly like the factory trim but it ends up looking very nice when you're done.

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Pass_s10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:44 pm

Yea it is to be purchased seperatly, but when you buy covers from NPD they dont tell or advise you that you will need to buy trim to finish the job.
Also when i tryed to install the covers, the plastic that holds the covers to the seat frame did not streach the covers enough. So it looked terrible. I Cut of the plastic and streached the covers and held them in place with the metal clips. Then i put the trim back on. You also need to buy new foam and change that to, even If your foam looks ok. It would be a nightmare to fill the covers out. I had new foam, and i could hardly streach it enough anyway.

It Came out good in the end and has held up fine in 2 years now. But im glad i was a little creative, or i would have given up. I actually had a prof guy look at them, but he would not do them. He Said they are the hardest seats to do.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm pretty sure the guy who redid my seats 20 years ago lost those clips since the trim never seemed secure on the sides of the seats.

Do any of these seem like match?

https://actionup.com/shop/upholstery-clips-2/

https://actionup.com/shop/snap-on-trim-clip/

http://www.bresco.com/acatalog/Fasteners.html
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:36 am

These are the replacement style you need if your installer loses the original

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Screen12

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Screen13
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:37 am

I'm pretty sure you'll need a clip with teeth on the inside and outside to work properly. All the clips shown in the links appear to have teeth only on the inside of the clip. Here's a side view of an original clip for reference.

bucket seat - Where to purchase seat covers Bucket11
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:49 am

The One I pictured is what they send with the new covers

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next