G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'73 thru '77 Clutch Pedals?

2 posters

Go down

'73 thru '77 Clutch Pedals? Empty '73 thru '77 Clutch Pedals?

Post by BAS-Sr Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:21 pm

I came across a set of pedals for a stick shift, supposed to fit in '73 thru '77's.

Is this a simple bolt in? Guy wants $100 for the setup.

BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

'73 thru '77 Clutch Pedals? Empty Re: '73 thru '77 Clutch Pedals?

Post by Joe73 Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Yes, its a bolt in. They're held in by the 4 bolts that hold the brake booster. You will also need the Z bar, Z bar mouting bracket, pedal to Z bar push rod and the boot for the firewall. As for the boot for the firewall, if your car is not a factory 4 speed you can use the boot from the 70-81 camaro. Although a little smaller than original it will work for you. The factory boot is unavailable worldwide and the camaro boot will not cover the factory hole in the firewall.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by BAS-Sr Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Joe73 wrote:Yes, its a bolt in.  They're held in by the 4 bolts that hold the brake booster.  You will also need the Z bar, Z bar mouting bracket, pedal to Z bar push rod and the boot for the firewall.  As for the boot for the firewall, if your car is not a factory 4 speed you can use the boot from the 70-81 camaro.  Although a little smaller than original it will work for you.  The factory boot is unavailable worldwide and the camaro boot will not cover the factory hole in the firewall.  

I have a Z bar for a '68-'72, think that will work since they are close A-Body cousins?

What about the boot and seal from a '68-'72? Will that work?
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Boot and seal from a 68-72 would work since your just covering up the hole you drill in your firewall.  Although the 68-72 boot attaches with 3 screws in a triangular pattern.  Ours and the camaro go on with just two screws.  Camaro boot looks identical to mine but the screw spacing is much closer together.

Heres some pics

Factory 4spd.
'73 thru '77 Clutch Pedals? Dg2sxt

Chassis Bracket
'73 thru '77 Clutch Pedals? 2u6eix0
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BAS-Sr Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Since I have not been looking at these or aware of what the market might be, for just the pedals, no Z-bar, no frame mounting bracket, or firewall seal/gasket, in what looks to be good condition, what would be a good price?

BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Theres a set of pedals by me on craigslist for $100 also. Check thepartsplace.com for a price on the complete setup.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down