G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drivers side kick panel removal

4 posters

Go down

Drivers side kick panel removal Empty Drivers side kick panel removal

Post by KC77Monte Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Removing the carpet and down to the drivers side kick panel. Do I remove the hood release from inside the car or unhook it from the hood side a slide it through the fire wall and leave it one piece? Thanks..
KC77Monte
KC77Monte
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Drivers side kick panel removal Empty Re: Drivers side kick panel removal

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:07 pm

The only way that kick panel can be completely removed from the car is to detach the hood release cable from the hood latch and pull it through the firewall from inside the car.  WARNING: DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF CLOSING THE HOOD WHEN THAT CABLE IS DISCONNECTED!

That handle is molded to the shaft and removing the metal clip behind the kick panel isn't going to do much of anything for you.  Don't forget to remove that small 1/4" dia. screw at the firewall grommet so the grommet can be pulled towards the inside of the engine bay and removed from the cable to allow the cable to be pulled through. Of course, this process will require you remove the washer fluid bottle.

Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by KC77Monte Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:The only way that kick panel can be completely removed from the car is to detach the hood release cable from the hood latch and pull it through the firewall from inside the car.  WARNING:  DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF CLOSING THE HOOD WHEN THAT CABLE IS DISCONNECTED!  

That handle is molded to the shaft and removing the metal clip behind the kick panel isn't going to do much of anything for you.  Don't forget to remove that small 1/4" dia. screw at the firewall grommet so the grommet can be pulled towards the inside of the engine bay and removed from the cable to allow the cable to be pulled through.  Of course, this process will require you remove the washer fluid bottle.  

Thanks Brother!!!
KC77Monte
KC77Monte
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:16 pm

yep! what he said.

but you can close the hood and still reach the latch from underneath.. I did not have a cable in mine for the first 2 months of driving my monte after paint.
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Thanks - I'm in the beginning stage of removal of my interior to get my buckets in and am planning on touching up the entire interior.

This was one of those things I looked at and started scratching my head about.

Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum