G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE

+12
thatfnthing
knightfan26917
Damon23
Wallyuph
Mcarlo77
77mali
ant7377
dynchel
Dinomyte
pila
Limey SE
Joe73
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 Empty Re: RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE

Post by Tom77 Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:44 pm

OK just got back from Reno picking up the Ambassador. After picking it up was going through some repair papers the owner gave me. In the packet I found the original window sticker, original bill of sale and the build sheet for the car. Also while there she brought out the original throw pillows that were only given out with the DLP model and they match the interior perfectly.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 Empty Re: RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE

Post by ant7377 Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Thats great! Its gonna come out sweet!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:23 pm

PICS? We like pics, even of non G3's Very Happy
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:58 am

Tom77 wrote:OK just got back from Reno picking up the Ambassador. After picking it up was going through some repair papers the owner gave me. In the packet I found the original window sticker, original bill of sale and the build sheet for the car. Also while there she brought out the original throw pillows that were only given out with the DLP model and they match the interior perfectly.

Oh, cool! Always a bonus to have that type of history.

Lookin' forward to seeing pics!

Cort | www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:32 am

Will post some PICS soon. Was just able to get it in the garage (very tight with 4 cars in a three car garage) before we got wacked with 7" of fresh snow. Car still dirty from trip will try to get out later this week supposed to warm up. Did get it running though sounds great. Leaks a little but nothing bad. Join a facebook page for AMC's and they are a great bunch also have some of the part's I need and they are all NOS. Score!
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:16 am

Sounds good! Good to hear people preserving these cars same with ours. And helping each other out
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:51 pm

Tom77 wrote:Will post some PICS soon. Was just able to get it in the garage (very tight with 4 cars in a three car garage) before we got wacked with 7" of fresh snow. Car still dirty from trip will try to get out later this week supposed to warm up. Did get it running though sounds great. Leaks a little but nothing bad. Join a facebook page for AMC's and they are a great bunch also have some of the part's I need and they are all NOS. Score!

Awesome ... glad you were able to get it in the garage before the snow!

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
"Waiting to be mended like a potter would mend a broken vase" __ Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers __ 'Broken Lady'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:51 pm

[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/17/91/61/91/all_lo11.jpg[/iRARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 Just_h10RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 Reno10RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 Toy_bo10mg]RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 Caught10RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 All_lo12

Got a few pics of the new project. Will take some more after it gets cleaned up from the loooooonnnng trip home. Mom and Dad came along for the ride!" />
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:48 pm

Awesome! Love that color- your parents are too cute Very Happy
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:15 am

That is a cool car! Also love the color. Shoot some pics of the interior.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:12 am

Ohhhhhh ... that is sweet ... thank you for sharing the pics!!!!

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower" __ Counting Crows __ 'A Long December'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:20 pm

[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/17/91/61/91/img_2610.jpg[RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 Dash10RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 Frony10RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 Head10RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 Rear10" />

Hear is the interior.Some work to do here but had the seats out to clean and absolutely no rust any where.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:34 pm

They sure had some funky materials back then.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Tue May 17, 2016 1:53 pm

This winters work done. Rebuilt motor and trans. Redone suspension bearings and brakes and of course new wheels and tires! Now to rest and have fun with them for the summer!

RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 13221010
RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 13238810
RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 13239210
RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 13240710
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Wed May 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Damn thats a Nice and rare car. That is not something you see every day.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Wed May 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Great looking car. I'm totally diggin the color of it. It reminds me of a '66 Fairlane a little but I like this better. You wanna trade it for a 75 Malibu LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't change a thing.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun May 22, 2016 6:27 pm

Looking awesome!!!!

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed" __ Linkin Park __ 'Leave Out All The Rest'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Mon May 23, 2016 7:12 am

Thanks for all the replies. Friday was able to get Magna Flows installed. Went from a single 1 3/4 to dual 2 1/4 bet it breathing easy now. Sounds good too nice for only having a mild cam in it.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon May 23, 2016 9:00 am

That is a great car. Gotta wonder whose grandma got tapped to design the interior, though. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Mon May 23, 2016 10:44 am

I too was able to see the car and chat with Tom this weekend at a local meet. The car is a true rare survivor.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Mon May 23, 2016 10:54 am

impalamonte wrote:I too was able to see the car and chat with Tom this weekend at a local meet. The car is a true rare survivor.

Good to meet you. Your Monti is very sweet. Looking forward to running into you at the other cruise ins in the area.

http://www.oldcarsonly.com/page/page/187285.htm
http://www.oldride.com/events/indiana.html

Here are the sites I told you about.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1cheapshot Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:35 am

Sweet Rambler! My next project will likely be my Ambassador. It's a 72 and it will be a NASCAR clone of the Rebel. Blue, white, red, paint scheme of the number 16 car.

I love the interior of your car. Quite different, even for those days.
1cheapshot
1cheapshot
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:55 pm

RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 Malibu10
RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 New_to10
Couple of up to date pics.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:57 pm

RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE - Page 2 56716210

Now it has a name!
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:28 pm

Those are some good looking girls you have there. Love that ambassador. It has to be a rare beast even in the USA.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2