G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

am new member from joliet il

+17
knightfan26917
thatfnthing
Limey SE
chevellelaguna
BBMALIBU
Famstyle
Pdawgie
dynchel
Dinomyte
77mali
riddick75
Wallyuph
pila
Roadcaptain S3
Silentknight85
Tom77
1973montec
21 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

am new member from joliet il - Page 5 Empty Re: am new member from joliet il

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:14 pm

I agree with Anthony, Jeff ... time to get lawyers involved.  Probably should've gotten lawyers involved before now, but better late than never.  The way you've been treated, while sadly commonplace, is just not acceptable.  I've been thinking about talking with a lawyer about my situations, too.

Thoughts/prayers continuing....

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"When you slammed the front door shut, a lot of others opened up" __ Chris Daughtry __ 'Over You'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:07 am

Well i do have a lawyer but malpractice lawsuits are a lot harder to prove than you think all they have to do is worded something a certain way and there clear at this point am just trying to keep from being railroad in work coditioning by surgeon who think he s god and my other doc who thinks. Surgeon is makung mistakes and trying to keep me from getting injuryed by being rushed to quick in to wrong therapy. But this is all i do now is make calls and hope for the best when w hat i really need to do is g inish my car
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:20 pm

Ah, yes ... it's all in the wording.  Ugh.

Thoughts/prayers continuing, Jeff....

pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic  (awaiting new owner)
"Maybe I'll drive so far they'll all lose track" __ Dolly Parton __ 'Hard Candy Christmas'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:40 am

Well had a mri done friday was to be done with contrast insurance only approved with out well they can aee something near one of the nevre in my back but they can say if its a scar or 1 of the screws in the wrong spot my surgeon is still being a A$$. Hard to be in the holiday mood
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:11 pm

Yep, I can understand that ... been there a few holidays myself for my heart issues.  Sorry the insurance didn't approve the MRI with the contrast.  Thoughts/prayers continuing ... & you have my cell# to text me if you need to vent.

pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic  (awaiting new owner)
"When you kiss your little baby, you've kissed the face of God" __ Kenny Rogers/Wynonna __ 'Mary, Did You Know?'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:52 am

well went to the doc today and of course sounds like more bad news I had an MRI done and its showing either metal fragmentation or bone growth over the nevre going to my right leg so am having a ct scan to determine I'm going to need another surgery odds are that looks like I'm going to need another surgery to be honest I'm terrified the thought going underneath the knife again isn't what i was hoping for I understand that I will never be the same person that I was for this which in itself has been very difficult to deal with it is put a strain on my marriage my kids and my other family members
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:20 pm

That actually seems like good news to me.  They actually looked and found something instead of throwing their hands up and quitting -- I know some idiot doctors who would have given up already.  While yes the surgery option sucks, the current pain level sucks worse, right?  So if they're willing to do it, and it's covered, I'd go for it.  If it improves even somewhat it seems worth it.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Well not sure of loss of bladder control or bowel control is a risk worthy of taking if hey Nick the mirror going to my leg or my spinal cord you're not sure what it is metal or bone had three injections two fusion surgeries there's tons of risks along with possible infections the nicking of the cords and nerves or they may not even work not saying I don't want the surgery I'm just terrified of going under the knife again
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:28 pm

74 beast wrote:Well not sure of loss of bladder control or bowel control is a risk worthy of taking if hey Nick the mirror going to my leg or my spinal cord you're not sure what it is metal or bone had three injections two fusion surgeries there's tons of risks along with possible infections the nicking of the cords and nerves or they may not even work not saying I don't want the surgery I'm just terrified of going under the knife again

Jeff I know your scared and all, But I would if me take the next step Surgery they want, for if that Problem keeps growing your Going to be in a Wheelchair in short time of it. If it was me even though I would be scared to death to go under the knife yet again I would do it, I think you should weigh that heavy in your mind.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:21 pm

Well i ll find out soon if i need surgery. Everyone has idea about it. So i ll weight the risks vs benefits at this point I'm not sure what's going on
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:07 pm

Jeff,

I agree with Anthony here ... I think I'd take that surgery risk & have it done.  Then again, I've endured 4 open heart surgeries ... so it don't scare me probably as much as it should ... if that makes.

Keep us posted ... thoughts/prayers continuing, of course.

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"These hands are meant to hold" __ All-American Rejects __ 'Move Along'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:54 am

Well another day spent laying in bed about 15. Hrs not enough pain pills still waiting to find out if surgery is coming well what i didnt tell everyone is i recorded my doc pretty much tell me wasnt sure when he put spacers in my spine that he properly expanded. Them and then lock them in place yes i secretly recorded him can use it in court so be honest its not that i dont want the surgery its i dont want him to be the one operating on me prefer a new surgeon
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:51 am

Well got the new fron doc well not the surgeon from pain clinic doc. Ive got 2 bone growths 1 growing off my spine near l4 -l5. And 1 growing off my artificial disc the one grown from the bone chips and titanium looks like there was some extra bone growing where it suppose to its gotten to the point that I'm in constant pain. And barly can walk with out passing out. They want to do A injection to my spine to relieve swelling on the nerve going to my right leg then possibly or more than likely another surgery couple days in the hospital drill out all the bone and try this all over again surgeon still being an A$$ hat but I have no choice just keeping you informed looks like am never goong to have six pack abs looks like ive been stabbed with a sword
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:54 pm

It sounds like the bone will just continue to grow that way and get worse, not better. I don't see where there's much choice but to remove it. However, it sounds like when it's gone you should be in considerably less pain.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:59 pm

Aye ... yep, sounds like no choice but to remove it.  Sorry, Jeff ... thoughts/prayers continuing as always.  Text me if you want ... & let me know if you need anything.  If I can help, I will.

"I'm not fine" __ Sister Hazel __ 'You're Mistake'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:02 am

To be honest thats not how it works with the nerves in your back work the longer a nerve is pinched or impinged it can be a long recover as an example let's say nerve and then pinched for. 1 year it can take same amount of time to come back. The nerve to my rigth leg has smashed between to. Disk then.

Ive got bone growing in to it if the bone keeps growing it's possible it may sever it i have a injection in 2 week to reduce the swelling and if the bone soft it will help disolve it then another surgery. Remove the rest of the bone 2 days stay more crappy hospital food and rude nurse the pain well be there for a while but because if all the damage it well only mildly go a way.

Thats str8 from the doctor which is fine cause like others in here have said in little while i would have been wheelchair bound and that would have been a year away, as doc said it was weeks away from that so this painful last couple week and me ending up in er on new years day was a good thing if i hadn't tripped and twisted my back. In a couple of weeks the 2 pieces of bone would cut the nerve going to rigth leg and that leg. Would be paralyzed
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:59 am

Jeff I am sure you will make the right decision for you health, I would get that bone taken away from that nerve for sure, I am scared to death of surgery's also but I would more scared of not being able to walk again.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Oh am doing surgery just found out that if i hadnt kinda fell on new year i would have never found out about bone growth till it would have done severe damage and I would have been wheelchair bound
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Well thats a bonus then Glad you fell then Huh ?

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BBMALIBU Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:28 pm

Yikes surgery.  
I hope everything works out, because you have to finish the motor so we can meet up at Route 66 Dragway lol!
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi there.
Im Henrik from Copenhagen Denmark. I have read your story and wish you luck. But i also wanted to tell you that i too have had back problems. I have had 2 sergurys. And suffer from nerve damage.
I know it looks like you are in a hole and never get out, but im here to tell you to never give up. Keep fighting and you will get to the other side. I am in pain every day, but i am back to work doing bodywork on cars. I need morfin to keep me upright, but i dont care. My body is not to keep me from doing what i like. You learned to live with the pain, and learned to do things differently. I Might look odd when i work but i get the job done.
I hope things work out for you. Regards Henrik.
PS If they offer you oxycontin or similar pills, take it from me stay away from them. They will get you hoked and the withdravl when you need rehap is worse than any pain. They told me that i would not get adicted to them, bullshit it took me a long time to get out of them. I use a different kind now.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:32 pm

The new pill regimen is 2 vicodin plus all my high blood preasure meds in morning then 1 oxcotin and 1 valium all before noon. Then every 4 hrs 2 more vicodins about 6 pm 1 more valium. About 8pm 1 more oxcotin thatdoesnt count 18 pills a day of gabapentin which is for nerve pain thats max dose of 3600 mg and at this time doc wants me not to walk at all. Just bed bathroom or couch and i hope i finish car soon if not who ever wants to help me i would enjoy a few more hands under the hood
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:15 pm

I would love to help Jeff just cant get a way there or Home .........

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:43 am

I'd help with the car, Jeff, but I'm afraid you'd have to buy a new one after I did any work on it ... LOL.

Thoughts/prayers continuing, of course.....

"Finding out the hard way what freedom means" __ Baillie and the Boys __ 'Wilder Days'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:23 am

Well limey if i had to id come pick you up me and you hadnt seen each other in too long.
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next