1974 Elky for sale w/pics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1974 Elky for sale w/pics

Post by JB2wheeler on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:39 pm

I have an Elky with 48,000 original miles on it. It has ZERO body and frame rust. Engine and trans in perfect condition. $6,000 OBO. Original paint should be replaced. Interior is almost spotless. Pictures should be in the gallery here. I am now totally blind with no hope of getting money for an eye operation.

JB2wheeler, Robert J. Bell, 3715 Craig Avenue Louisville KY 40215, (502)366-4326  P.S. I have a garage full of tools to be sold cheap if anyone is in the area. I will even sell the garage burgaler alarm system!

JB said also the Bird has been removed off from the hood and since it is a Lacquer paint job you can still very lightly see where it was

I do have more pics for JB to post please include email address for the remainder of Pics

JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: 1974 Elky for sale w/pics

Post by knightfan26917 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Holy cow, JB ... wish I was in "buying" mode ... would love to have your 1974 El Camino.....

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"I never meant to leave you alone" __ Michael Martin Murphy __ 'Don't Count The Rainy Days'
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:23 pm

Sure hope somebody on here can help you out by buying and preserving that beautiful Elkie of yours.

Good to hear from you again, JB. Was wondering if anybody had any news as to how you were getting along. Sorry to hear there doesn't appear to be any hope as yet for an eye operation. Can only hope and pray something might change to open the door to the necessary surgery. Keep the faith, brother!
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:56 pm

I was just thinking of you & your long absence from here JB. I'm sorry to hear about your situation but as Steve said, keep the faith, you never know. Your in our prayers.
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:00 am

Can anyone find a pic...didn't see it in the gallery.

Sorry to hear of the problems JB.
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 am

Mcarlo77 wrote:Sure hope somebody on here can help you out by buying and preserving that beautiful Elkie of yours.

Good to hear from you again, JB.  Was wondering if anybody had any news as to how you were getting along. Sorry to hear there doesn't appear to be any hope as yet for an eye operation.  Can only hope and pray something might change to open the door to the necessary surgery.  Keep the faith, brother!

77mali wrote:I was just thinking of you & your long absence from here JB.  I'm sorry to hear about your situation but as Steve said, keep the faith, you never know.  Your in our prayers.

Steve and Paul said it best -- so all I can add is Ditto, JB!
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:25 pm

X2 too bad I just bought my next project. Good luck.
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Good to hear from you again, JB.  Was wondering if anybody had any news as to how you were getting along. Sorry to hear there doesn't appear to be any hope as yet for an eye operation
 Keep the faith, brother!

I talked with him I am waiting to have his daughter send me the Pics of his Elky and all the stuff he will be selling, He said its an Experimental Stem Cell surgery waiting for the Insurance to cover some of the Details for the surgery needed. As far as everything else if it doesn't happen it will be a 100% complete garage sell out down to the last wrench. I wished I was closer I sure would try to help him as much as humanly possible, His daughter lives with him to help him around and stuff.
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:23 am

Ahhh....it's experimental surgery. Really am starting to despise the way health care is in this country, always seemingly stacked against those who need it most. Now that I'm on Medicaid, I'm seeing the horrors of it 1st hand....

I know I couldn't donate (having no income for 1.5 years has its disadvantages), but has anyone considered setting up a go-fund-me or similar account for JB?

Meantime, if I was able, I'd drive down to Louisville & help out. Thoughts/prayers continuing.....

"Tell me tomorrow will be brighter" __ KT Oslin __ 'Hold Me'
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:52 am

Thanks All. Cort, the only way I would consider a fund drive is if the surgery was a definite go, which is currently very unlikely. I am getting up in age and don't have the mental strength to jump thru all the red tape hoops. Daughter is very slow, she is only homea couple of hours a day + sleep time, so pics are sitting here waiting for her to send them. It is a pain to do anything on this machine. Long live 74-77 GM cars! JB
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:15 pm

pics added JB still Praying my friend !!
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentknight85 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Has anyone here ever started a 'go fund me' page, or something similar for raising money? Might be an option to consider.
Silentknight85
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:04 pm

the Surgery has to be approved first and is Experimental
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:54 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Cort, the only way I would consider a fund drive is if the  surgery was a definite go, which is currently very unlikely. I am getting up in age and don't have the mental strength to jump thru all the red tape hoops.

I am deeply sorry to read this, JB. I am familiar all too well with not having the mental strength to jump through red tape crap. Thoughts/prayers continuing, of course.

JB2wheeler wrote:Daughter is very slow, she is only homea couple of hours a day + sleep time, so pics are sitting here waiting for her to send them.

I see the pics added ... your 1974 EC is awesome ... sure wish I could buy it from you. Also wish I had the opportunity to drive down & help you out a bit there, too. Believe I've missed meeting you a number of times during my road trips, 2002-2011.

"I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before" __ Ben Folds 5 __ 'Brick'
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down