G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anyone know what this is from?

+4
Dinomyte
dynchel
cees klumper
jerry46765
8 posters

Go down

does anyone know what this is from? Empty does anyone know what this is from?

Post by dynchel Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:17 pm

does anyone know what this is from? IMG_20150330_161120675_zpstcjzymrd
I found this while "scrapping" on garbage night.  Best I can tell its from a boat.  Any ideas?
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

does anyone know what this is from? Empty Re: does anyone know what this is from?

Post by jerry46765 Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:14 pm

http://boats-from-usa.com/mark-twain/mark-twain-v-sonic-10945

Look at the side of the boat. Mark Twain V Sonic Outboard
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

does anyone know what this is from? Empty Re: does anyone know what this is from?

Post by dynchel Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 pm

Ever find anything good? I got a nice steel plant holder out of my buddys scrap pile.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:24 am

ant7377 wrote:Ever find anything good? I got a nice steel plant holder out  of my buddys scrap pile.
I've gotten lots of things.  I found a toddler bed that my son sleeps on every night, a steel metal tool box (that was for a Milwaukee band saw), several lamps, a couple swords, I picked up a tire & wheel that was a spare (cable broke). Sold that on craigslist yesterday for $25.00.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:32 am

I found one one of those tire repair metal boxes that have little compartments inside. Mounted it on my garage wall. Found a whole nice set of Buick chrome road wheels too. Figured I might buy a Riviera some day so I kept them.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:43 am

I got a washer & dryer at the curb.  The people were out so I asked them,  they just sold the house & the buyers wanted them out...even though they worked.  Put them in my front yard and got $100.00 within 10 minutes.  Also found a mountain bike, aired up the tires and greased the chain, and got $20.00 in less than 5 minutes. (Again in my front yard)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:41 am

Stihl arborist top handle.saw, only 1 year, gret condition and full of gas. Sitting on the side of the road by the reservoir.
Bucket of snap on pullers all disassembled. Still have the bucket, never went.through it.
Complete jack, with lug wrench from 73 cutlass. Perfect cond.
Cement mixer without engine. Still have it. Put an electric engine on it.
And plenty more.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by cees klumper Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:11 pm

When I was living in Amsterdam large trash pick up was thursday mornings. So there were guys scouring the streets wednesday evenings looking for useable 'stuff'. One wednesday evening I put out our entire old kitchen: cabinets, applicances, everything. Gone in sixty seconds! Very Happy
cees klumper
cees klumper
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:03 pm

Garbage pickup is Friday, Thursday is date night...I tell my wife to pick out whatever she wants! I haven't bought a weed wacker or lawnmower in 15 years! Picked up various park benches, dressers, arm chairs, bikes, the funniest was grabbing the next door neighbors arm chair....they came over a couple months later, saw it and said they had one just like it! The recliner part broke...had to throw it out. I was like... Ohh yeah? The recliner part broke on ours too!!
Another neighbor further down was throwing away his washing machine... Their dryer broke wanted a matching set... He even delivered it to my house and helped me carry it into the garage! It still works 6 years later!
I'm all about repurposing and reusing stuff.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:06 pm

I do pretty good between using what I find, selling what's sellable, and scrapping the rest. This month I made about $120.00 extra for about 2 hours work.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:15 pm

I made this for my kid in the backyard with recycled materials . Just so you all don't think I live in a slum.
does anyone know what this is from? Image_zpshs8htomi

I hate posting pics! Grrrrrrrr
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:25 pm

Neat little house!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:33 pm

It's fun, lots of kids in our neighborhood... Usually have 5-10 kids in our yard during the summer
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:59 am

That is very impressive. Do you have sleepovers out there ? That's what our guys always wanted to do.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:25 am

Awesome play house!!
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:07 pm

Theres days my wife would make me sleep out there Very Happy Very Happy
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:37 pm

We haven't had any sleepovers in it yet, but probably will soon. As long as I don't have to sleep in it! Took me 16 weeks of nights and weekends to build it from scratch.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:10 am

chevellelaguna wrote:I made this for my kid in the backyard with recycled materials . Just so you all don't think I live in a slum.does anyone know what this is from? Image_zpshs8htomi

WOW! That's awesome.

Family friends in OH had something similar when we were kids; loved stopping to visit them. Wink

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Does it really matter?" __ Pirates of the Mississippi __ 'Feed Jake'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum