G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

75 Trunk Lid

+2
Memphis Laguna
Biomedtech
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

75 Trunk Lid - Page 2 Empty Re: 75 Trunk Lid

Post by chevellelaguna Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:47 pm

That filler needs adjusted out to match the contour of the lid... The filler is different around the ends where it meets up with the tail light panel.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:56 pm

The qtr extensions on my car ARE the original '75 ones. They have the original factory paint on the edges/ends. As far as adjusting them out...I've never unbolted one (and, I've unbolted many when pulling parts) that had any kind of shims req'd to make it fit the lid. I'm sorry...but, there is a difference in lids where the bottom edge flare is concerned. Probably why Hollander Interchange shows a different GM part number for '75 vs '76/'77...yet, states the latter will also work on '75.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:35 pm

In your own photo the trunk lid matches up to the tail light moldings... The extension does not... It's in about 3/8" when compared to the lid. Those cars never had precise gaps to begin with... Their factory gaps are a complete joke.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:01 pm

Yeah...I know the factory gaps left much to be desired. But, what might be deceiving between the two pics is that my car has the decorative stainless trim that sits on top of the lens. If you look at the black edges of the housing on both cars (more like gray on the blue car), the extensions sit the same distance back from the forward edge. Also, the bottom edge of the trunk lid on the blue one sits back just about even with the extension. Since my lid is pushed back as far as it will go, that lid still sticks out a good 1/4" further than on the blue one. Now, either GM's quality control on these lids was pathetic...or, there is a difference; again, referring back to GM having two different part numbers for these years. My next trip out to the yard, I'm going to swap lids on a '75 & '76 sitting side by side to further see for myself. Regardless, I'm going to bring the one home from the '75 and see if it matches up correctly with my extensions. The mismatch drives me crazy every time I look it.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2