75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by tropdeprojet on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Some news!







avatar
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by tropdeprojet on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Rear bumper look!


Under hood;

Laser touch
avatar
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by thatfnthing on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:15 pm

That should be interesting once it's all painted and assembled.
avatar
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 54

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by builtnotbought on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:12 am

Very cool build thread! A lot of custom work!
Now I understand that outside painting of car before assembling was my mistake.

What are these mirrors made from under the hood?

And noticed one interesting frame reinforcement. What are these bars from? I saw smth like this only at 5th gens if I remember right.

Thank you
avatar
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by dynchel on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:25 am

Those are factor only Someone painted them red.
avatar
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by builtnotbought on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:49 am

dynchel wrote:Those are factor only Someone painted them red.

Thank you
I don't have these on my 74.
And never saw before on 4th's.
avatar
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by tropdeprojet on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:54 am

These frame reinforcement is it for all model? I had a SP version from Gmc like the SS.
The mirror under the hood was laser cut stainless steel plate.
avatar
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by dynchel on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:14 am

Every g3 (that I have noticed) have those
avatar
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by thatfnthing on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:18 am

My Monte has those as well.
avatar
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 54

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by builtnotbought on Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:13 am

tropdeprojet wrote:These frame reinforcement is it for all model? I had a SP version from Gmc like the SS.
The mirror under the hood was laser cut stainless steel plate.

Cool! Thank you for the info.


Anybody knows how these rods are called on a -bodies?
avatar
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by Hs1973 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:08 pm

Demid. You need to find and Mount some soon as possible, as your frame is under alot off stress without them, i have seen frames that have startet to crack because they did not have the frame support bars in place. Some people have removed them for headder clearence. But the frame is flexing alot with out them and will brake at some point.

Regards Henrik. PS i made mine from a piece of crome water tubing in the right diameter. Press it flat in the ends and drill a hole in each end and you are good to go.
avatar
Hs1973
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by builtnotbought on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Hs1973 wrote:Demid. You need to find and Mount some soon as possible, as your frame is under alot off stress without them, i have seen frames that have startet to crack because they did not have the frame support bars in place. Some people have removed them for headder clearence. But the frame is flexing alot with out them and will brake at some point.

Regards Henrik. PS i made mine from a piece of crome water tubing in the right diameter. Press it flat in the ends and drill a hole in each end and you are good to go.

May be you can share any pics/info on these because I can't find any info at all. Thank you
avatar
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by Hs1973 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:21 am

Hm. I know they are there from the factory. It is just 2 pieces of iron bar that mounts from just behind the front wheels and rearwards connecting the front part of the frame with the middle. There is one in each side. Its like If you imagine that you are jacking the car up at the front bumper, without the bars the whole nose is trying to bend upwards at the firewall.

When the bars are in place it cant bend. Also there are to bars in the engine compartment that supports the front from falling downwards at the firewall If you Jack it up under the doors.

The frame is wery flexible. Try lifting the car a little in the center, and then open and shut the door.

Now try and emagine the suspension bouncing up and Down going Down the road, that makes the frame flex at the week spots like right under the firewall. The bars prevent the frame from flexing so much that metal fatigue can make it crack. And besides it also feels better driving it with bars in place.

Im not good at traking pictures and post them here i have tryed to but never Got it to work. So maybe someone Else here can find a pictures that shows how they mount.

Regards henrik
avatar
Hs1973
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by builtnotbought on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:02 am

Hs1973 wrote:Hm. I know they are there from the factory. It is just 2 pieces of iron bar that mounts from just behind the front wheels and rearwards connecting the front part of the frame with the middle. There is one in each side. Its like If you imagine that you are jacking the car up at the front bumper, without the bars the whole nose is trying to bend upwards at the firewall.

When the bars are in place it cant bend. Also there are to bars in the engine compartment that supports the front from falling downwards  at the firewall If you Jack it up under the doors.

The frame is wery flexible. Try lifting the car a little in the center, and then open and shut the door.

Now try and emagine the suspension bouncing up and Down going Down the road, that makes the frame flex at the week spots like right under the firewall. The bars prevent the frame from flexing so much that metal fatigue can make it crack. And besides it also feels better driving it with bars in place.

Im not good at traking pictures and post them here i have tryed to but never Got it to work. So maybe someone Else here can find a pictures that shows how they mount.

Regards henrik

Yes I understand frame flexibility and where and how these lower rods are mounted, thank you.
It catch my eye because everybody always talked about screwing on optional reinforcement on a-bodies only like rear sway bar from police caprice and nothing else. I know than 5th gen elco has front lower reinforcement bars. But I didn't see anybody described these ones on 4th gen.
I have a thought that these bars were only factory for coupe cars pretending to be sport ones, and el camino a work one didn't need them. As for upper rods from firewall to rad support - I have them.
avatar
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by dynchel on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:23 pm

I think you are thinking of the rear triangulation supports.
avatar
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by tropdeprojet on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:58 pm

I found a picture. The smaller red.


And this one, we can see it under the engin cross member.
avatar
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by Hs1973 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:21 pm

All elcaminos i have owned have had the bars, and i have had all years from 1973 to 77. So i dont know If yours are just missing or what. But i cant imagine that they are not needed
avatar
Hs1973
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by builtnotbought on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:32 pm

tropdeprojet wrote:I found a picture. The smaller red.

And this one, we can see it under the engin cross member.
Thank you for picture

Hs1973 wrote:All elcaminos i have owned have had the bars, and i have had all years from 1973 to 77. So i dont know If yours are just missing or what. But i cant imagine that they are not needed
Ok, i will try to find them.
avatar
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by tropdeprojet on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:18 am

Tail gate molding modification;

Pad dash, bondo on hole and crack, 2 layer of fiberglass before black leather upholstery.
[/url
Work on the bed molding. I want it satin black.

The Laguna nose was not verry easy to fit!
avatar
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by tropdeprojet on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:42 pm

I think i will cancel the Laguna nose!

Rad, cooler and condensator was installed;



Primer done;
avatar
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by Limey SE on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:03 pm

How did this Turn out ? Or have not gotten to it yet ?


___________________________________________
avatar
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by Limey SE on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:04 pm

And I know you wanted that Laguna Nose on there I think it looks alot better with the GMC front end !!!

___________________________________________
avatar
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by tropdeprojet on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:44 am

The gmc and SP emblems was important for this car. The car don't have to look like a el camino with a Laguna nose. It's very cool and I want a resto mod look but a Gmc Sprint SP was hard to find.

The dash is not finished, I just work on it between big projects...
avatar
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by tropdeprojet on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Some news!
Recessed bumper;

Some modification of the front bumper;


Smoke fog lights;


Smoke parking light;

I will install 7" smoke headlight on the car and paint the bumper the same color of the car.
I cut all the inside of the front grill to try to make something custom;

I had some wiring problem to start the engine, i'm working on...
avatar
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by Limey SE on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Looking Good my Friend

___________________________________________
avatar
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Re: 75 Gmc Sprint Sp from Quebec

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum