1973 tach cluster

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1973 tach cluster

Post by a-body on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:58 pm

this is my listing

part number 8908200-PED-1

Have not tested. Has amps, 120mph speedo, temp, fuel, clock, oil dummy light. oh and tachometer Smile gauge faces are decent, not much rust.

this is not my listing

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OE-1973-75-CHEVELLE-MALIBU-MONTE-CARLO-SS-GAUGE-CLUSTER-TACH-AMPS-OIL-CLOCK-/311410217271?nma=true&si=DCvlx3MVXbPSTOAeU4jeivMOq%252Bo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

that is the same cluster, but that is not my ebay ad.

i know about what it's worth but I would like to see offers before I am sure I want to sell it
a-body
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: 1973 tach cluster

Post by Mcarlo77 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:20 pm

Wasn't more than 2-3 yrs ago you could pick these up on e-Bay for $125-$150.00 tops...and, they'd come up for sale fairly regularly. Now, you don't see them much. The one currently on e-Bay has been for sale for a loooooong time. At nearly $400, it will sit there for an eternity.
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by a-body on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Yeah. I wouldn't pay that much unless it was tested and working right. Still wouldn't pay that much unless it came with the harness.
a-body
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:15 pm

You still planning on visiting the Tach Man? As you've read on this thread, it's been pretty well established that a non-working tach can be repaired with '78/'79 Corvette parts for a fraction of what he charges. Wouldn't at all be surprised if that's not what he uses; although it hasn't been confirmed whether the wire coil is available new. I just bought a used one and will be buying a new Corvette board to install it on. I've read where 95% of the failures are on the board, anyway.
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:You still planning on visiting the Tach Man?  As you've read on this thread, it's been pretty well established that a non-working tach can be repaired with '78/'79 Corvette parts for a fraction of what he charges.  Wouldn't at all be surprised if that's not what he uses; although it hasn't been confirmed whether the wire coil is available new.  I just bought a used one and will be buying a new Corvette board to install it on.  I've read where 95% of the failures are on the board, anyway.

Why doesn't he show his tach boards on his website for the '73-77 Chevelle section? Probably because it will give the name of the tach board manufacturer which you could probably guess what car it was originally made for. He is also closed on Thursdays and weekends. I ordered a tach from eBay, received it in two days and switched coils out in 10 mins. A tad bit quicker than dealing with tach man service. My investment for 2 conversions was 2/3's the cost of his service for converting 1 tach.
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top