G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas tank straps

2 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Gas tank straps Empty Gas tank straps

Post by chevellelaguna Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Okay, ready to get a new sender, have the tank painted, what's the trick to getting the straps out? I just have them hanging, wanted to clean them up and paint them. I've tried removing them and haven't had any success! What the hell am I missing? I thought they just slip out if you have the rear high enough, and let them hang down, push back? Push up?
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Gas tank straps Empty Re: Gas tank straps

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Did mine a couple summers ago. Don't recall any issues removing either the tank or straps. IIRC, I unbolted the forward ends of the strap and removed the pinch bolt on the rearward ends and let them hang from the rears while I pulled the tank forward (so the fill neck cleared) and lowered it. Once tank was removed, simply slid the straps rearward out of the retaining slot they ride in.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:17 pm

Ahhhh the pinch bolt on the strap, that makes sense now. I hadn't run tails in years so there was a lot of soot and carbon all over the rear end, tank and straps, hadn't noticed there were bolts that pinch the strap .
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down