My 1986 Silverado

Go down

My 1986 Silverado

Post by REVINKEVIN on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:12 pm

I have been working on this for 6 years or so.  It is almost complete.

REVINKEVIN
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Re: My 1986 Silverado

Post by 77mali on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:25 am

Nice truck. What's the power plant set up?
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Thank you.  It has a 406 with AFR Eliminator heads, custom ground solid flat tappet cam, Edelbrock NASCAR edition RPM Air Gap, black Holley 770 Street Avenger, and Hooker Super Comp headers.

This is the engine and trans before the black intake.

Here is a picture of the tailgate before I changed the tail lights and installed the wheels.

REVINKEVIN
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77cruiser on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Nice truck, I really like that style, used to have a 84, I wished I would've not let it be my daily driver back then. 1st hail beat it to hell then rust got & then I let the kids finish it off.
77cruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:11 pm

Thanks.  It has been a lot of work.  It has over 30 holes and slots welded up.  It also has 14" Wilwood brakes and a 12 bolt rear end.  I have to do just a little more and it is done.  Then, I have to change the cam, intake, and roller rockers on my Camaro, and upgrade the Tremec TKO 500 to TKO 600 specs and then get started on this.

REVINKEVIN
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:56 pm

WOW! Really like your truck, Kevin!

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"Let me get behind the wheel before I lose control" __ Barbara Mandrell __ 'Fast Lanes & Country Roads'
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:25 pm

Thanks.  

REVINKEVIN
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:15 am

Looks better with every angle! Never thought the front of those could look so smooth. Really great job!! Wow!
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:58 am

It was something I wanted to see on these trucks.  We welded in steel front and rear roll pans.  I wired in all LED lights and the Dakota digital gauges.  I took the wiring schematic for the truck and removed every wire that was not needed.  I am going to post some pictures of the stereo system wiring later. All power cables are 2/0 welding lead.  The truck has the vent windows removed and solid glass added.  The rear window is a flush mount kit that looks way better than the sliding glass that was in it.  Here is a pic of some of the work to get the front roll pan in.  

REVINKEVIN
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:12 am

REVINKEVIN wrote:I have been working on this for 6 years or so.  It is almost complete.

Very nice.

I may have put the fenders on that truck (depending on which plant it was built in).

I have had an '87 Scottsdale off and on over the years; you can read about it here if you like:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=342926

K
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:40 am

That was an interesting read.  I chose the 1986 to build because it was the last year for the carburetor engine and the rust proofing was at it's best for these trucks.  I just spent last year in Detroit on a pipe line project.  One site was right by the Flat Rock test site.  Here is a pic of a building down by the river in the Del Rey neighborhood.  

REVINKEVIN
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:51 am

REVINKEVIN wrote:That was an interesting read.  I chose the 1986 to build because it was the last year for the carburetor engine and the rust proofing was at it's best for these trucks.

I'm afraid I was forced into an '86.  I lost my company car and had already sold my '80 pickup so I needed to act fast.

I did like the fact, though, that it was fuel injected.  It was modern technology (FI, AC, ps/pb) wrapped in vintage sheetmetal.

REVINKEVIN wrote:
 I just spent last year in Detroit on a pipe line project.  One site was right by the Flat Rock test site.  Here is a pic of a building down by the river in the Del Rey neighborhood.  

I'm sorry to hear that...

Wink

There are a number of places in the city that I will go but not get out of the car.  That looks like one of them. The old Packard plant is another.

K
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum