G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AC wiring

4 posters

Go down

AC wiring Empty AC wiring

Post by pila Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:48 pm

My '75 El Camino has the electrical harness from the '77 Elco I scrapped. I should be able to figure out the AC wiring, but it's been almost 7 years Embarassed
Anyone have a diagram of the '77 Malibu/El Camino AC wiring ? I have one for a '76, but not sure if it's the same (??) If it IS the same, I can likely figure it out.
My diagram for the '76 shows a thermo limiter and a super-heat cut-out switch in the compressor wiring, and I don't remember if mine was like that (?)

Also the diagram shows an engine thermo switch, which I believe is the little round switch that screws into the rear of the driver-side cylinder head (?) Some diagrams call it a "metal switch "...

Bill

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

AC wiring Empty AC Wiring

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:16 pm

Bill...don't know if this is of any help but, is all I could find in my 1977 GM Service Manual.  Tried taking a clearer photo but, can't get a more detailed pic. I'm 99% sure the wiring is the same on '76 & '77 based on the Temp Controls being the same vs. the '75.  

AC wiring 77chev11
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

AC wiring Empty Re: AC wiring

Post by pila Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:01 pm

Thanks !! Very Happy I'll check it out ...

Bill

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:28 am

Do you know where the Light Blue wire connects to? I think that is the wire that is in the pic below and I didn't see a connection on the firewall harness. Its cut so I'm not sure where the other end was connected to.

AC wiring 20141112
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:58 pm

pila wrote:My '75 El Camino has the electrical harness from the '77 Elco I scrapped.  I should be able to figure out the AC wiring, but it's been almost 7 years Embarassed
Anyone have a diagram of the '77 Malibu/El Camino AC wiring ?  I have one for a '76, but not sure if it's the same  (??)  If it IS the same, I can likely figure it out.
My diagram for the '76 shows a thermo limiter and a super-heat cut-out switch in the compressor wiring, and I don't remember if mine was like that (?)

Also the diagram shows an engine thermo switch, which I believe is the little round switch that screws into the rear of the driver-side cylinder head (?)  Some diagrams call it a "metal switch "...
Bill

FWIW, Bill, my 73 diagram has all of the above. I'm going to guess it didn't change much through the entire generation. The really clear version is too large to post here -- PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Hawk03 wrote:Do you know where the Light Blue wire connects to? I think that is the wire that is in the pic below and I didn't see a connection on the firewall harness. Its cut so I'm not sure where the other end was connected to.

Looking at the diagram for the HVAC, the only LT BLU wire (ckt 72) runs from the blower switch in the cabin to the resistor pack on the HVAC case underhood. It appears to be for one of the medium fan speeds.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:12 pm

It turns out that my wiring has a low fan speed delay module, so I'm good !

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:23 am

thatfnthing wrote:

Looking at the diagram for the HVAC, the only LT BLU wire (ckt 72) runs from the blower switch in the cabin to the resistor pack on the HVAC case underhood.  It appears to be for one of the medium fan speeds.

Do I need to connect the wire directly to the blower switch or should it connect through the firewall junction (lower drivers side)?

The blower works with power hookup directly to it, I just need to connect this wire and the system should work.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down