G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap.

+13
Limey SE
fasrnur
alowerlevel
99B4C
73ss
thatfnthing
Hawk03
knightfan26917
Joe73
chevellelaguna
G3NUT
2fat2fly
pila
17 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Empty Re: '76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap.

Post by DaveFury Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:19 pm

Well, I promised you guys n gals that the next post would be disassembly for paint and panels getting color so:

Disassembled down to roof and quarters for paint:
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Teardo10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Teardo11

The weather was pretty decent this weekend so I was able to paint the back of the doors and the inside of the trunk lid:
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Img_0015
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Img_0016
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Img_0017

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Empty Re: '76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap.

Post by Joe73 Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:32 pm

Looks awesome. You shooting bc/cc or single stage? Is it a metallic ??
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:47 pm

Joe73 wrote:Looks awesome.  You shooting bc/cc or single stage?  Is it a metallic ??

Thanks Joe, The color is Super Jet Black non-metallic, The jambs will all be single stage and the outer panels will be base coat, clear coat.

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:45 pm

Very nice!!!!
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:03 pm

I sprayed the door jambs today:

'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Img_0019'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Img_0020

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Must be great to be able to get your car back!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:18 am

ant7377 wrote:Must be great to be able to get your car back!

I can't wait!

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:10 am

Well, I got the trunk lid, drivers door and marker lamp bezels base-cleared today. I'm waiting for the base coat to dry on the passenger door as I am typing this:

'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Img_0021'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Img_0022'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Img_0023

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:56 pm

I squirted some more parts over the weekend. Sorry for the poor lighting, but i have been putting the painted parts in my basement to keep them safe and the lighting down there is like a fine Italian restaurant. The hood is done too, but it's up against the wall in the garage w/ a truck in front of it, so I'll get a pic of it later in the week.

'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Painte10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Fender10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Doors10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Front_10

The roof and quarters are scheduled to be painted this coming weekend and that'll be it for color minus the bumper filler panels.

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2fat2fly Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:15 am

DaveFury wrote:I squirted some more parts over the weekend. Sorry for the poor lighting, but i have been putting the painted parts in my basement to keep them safe and the lighting down there is like a fine Italian restaurant. The hood is done too, but it's up against the wall in the garage w/ a truck in front of it, so I'll get a pic of it later in the week.

'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Painte10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Fender10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Doors10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Front_10

The roof and quarters are scheduled to be painted this coming weekend and that'll be it for color minus the bumper filler panels.

Dave W.
looks great waiting for the finally !
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:12 am

Wait you painted these in the House ? If so either 1 of 2 things

1. You have the most awesome Wife EVER
2. Your not Married

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:49 am

Limey SE wrote:Wait you painted these in the House ? If so either 1 of 2 things

1. You have the most awesome Wife  EVER
2. Your not Married

#1. been together over 30 years.

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:59 am

DaveFury wrote:
Limey SE wrote:Wait you painted these in the House ? If so either 1 of 2 things

1. You have the most awesome Wife  EVER
2. Your not Married

#1. been together over 30 years.

Dave W.

Very Cool she knows your love for the car then !

Congrats on the longevity of that also
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:07 pm

Here's a pic of the hood:
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Hood11

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Wanna Paint another Vehicle Dave LOL SIlver in color LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Limey SE wrote:Wanna Paint another Vehicle Dave LOL  SIlver in color LOL

Nah, I told my wife and kids that I'm hangin' up my spurs after this one. I'm a gettin' too old for this s@#t! LOL

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:07 pm

Hello Guys and Gals,

I sprayed the roof and quarters today:

'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Squirt10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Suquir10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Right_10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Lr_cor10

So all that remains is the bumper filler panels which I will probably do tomorrow. Next, the reassembly begins.

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:24 am

Man that is Looking good Dave cant wait for Re assembly I bet

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by G3NUT Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:12 am

Looking good👍Thumbs up
G3NUT
G3NUT
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:13 pm

Awesome job.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:56 pm

Very nice!!!

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"Tell them we're survivors" __ Rascal Flatts __ 'Life Is A Highway'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:23 pm

I decided to do some reassembly today rather than painting the filler panels:

'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Trunk_10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Trunk_11
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Rf_fen10
'76 Cutlass High School tribute restoration. Update: frame swap. - Page 3 Hood_n10

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Really nice!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Looks awesome Dave! Makes me want to reconsider doing mine black again!
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next