G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie w/75 Pontiac Grand Am

5 posters

Go down

Newbie w/75 Pontiac Grand Am Empty Newbie w/75 Pontiac Grand Am

Post by 75Pontiac-Pride Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:10 am

Thanks so much to our Admin for the invite to your site. I am Kevin and my 75 Grand Am is my project that started out back in 1981 when my dad & I purchased this car from our local Pontiac dealership in Norfolk, NE. It was our father-son project and was repainted for car shows only back in 1983. After starting my new career after college, she sat in storage for many years, even sat in cave storage once near Independence, MO.
In 2003 I pulled her from storage and rebuilt the 400 as well as the TH400 and back she went into storage once again until I married my wife in 2012. She also took interest in my personal history with this car and so we started another phase. We started with "This is only going to be a repaint" project which then turned into transporting the car to Restore A Muscle Car in Lincoln, NE which really has a niche for the Pontiacs, it felt like home and it brought back the feeling that there is a Pontiac garage, just like when purchased in 1981.
Dave at RaMC and his crew made quick work of getting her back on the road again. The front fiberglass facia was properly installed and final body paint finish was completed. The factory air was reinstalled as when I was a teenager I thought I would gain more by removing it. The interior was reinstalled with all new black headliner as the interior was originally blue, so their crew finished of the color conversion as well. I had always wanted a different hood setup for her and awhile back I found a NOS NACA/NASA hood on Ebay for $400. RaMC also finished off the hood nicely and installed a hood tach to top it off! The audio system designed and installed by them as well with Kenwood 2 din 7" touch screen and amps/subs installed in the trunk.
Since completion in the spring of 2015 we have attended car shows once again with her and she has taken a few trophies and the biggest kick of all we get is how often someone will say to us "You just don't see these around anymore" my response is usually "Yup & it's a PIA to get parts"
Actually those of us who still hold on to these 73-77 A body cars should be a proud group as it's not often that someone would look at one of these and try to save them, let alone put the money into a restoration because it is not a GTO, Camaro or Mustang, but truly something unique and incredibly beautiful when held onto by the right people who will actually do something to bring these cars back to life and back on the road again!!

Newbie w/75 Pontiac Grand Am Album-72157648403634237

Last edited by 75Pontiac-Pride on Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding photo for reference. I tried the Servimage site and am having a problem logging in. Thanks for the help!)

75Pontiac-Pride
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Newbie w/75 Pontiac Grand Am Empty Re: Newbie w/75 Pontiac Grand Am

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:41 pm

Welcome! We'd love to see some pics of your Grand Am!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by 75Pontiac-Pride Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:21 am

g3chevy wrote:Welcome! We'd love to see some pics of your Grand Am!
I just edited the post and sent PM to admin, for now you can go to this link for all the resto photos. Thank You!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/restoreamusclecar/albums/72157648403634237/with/16404799215/

75Pontiac-Pride
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:39 am

Welcome. Really nice car!
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:13 am

g3chevy wrote:Welcome! We'd love to see some pics of your Grand Am!

https://www.g3gm.com/t9928-75-pontiac-grand-am#95186
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by BBMALIBU Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:27 pm

Welcome, beautiful car
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU